The Student Room Group

type of registration for UCAS

I am in my second year of studying Biomedical Science and I want to apply for medicine for the 2018 application year.

I don't know which UCAS registration type to apply for, undergraduate registration or post graduate; because in my application I am planning to apply for both graduate medicine and undergraduate medicine in order to increase my chance of getting an offer.
Reply 1
To be honest I am not sure ; I will call a few of the universities that I wish to attend and ask them. thanks for the response
Original post by sam9
I am in my second year of studying Biomedical Science and I want to apply for medicine for the 2018 application year.

I don't know which UCAS registration type to apply for, undergraduate registration or post graduate; because in my application I am planning to apply for both graduate medicine and undergraduate medicine in order to increase my chance of getting an offer.

Undergraduate probably, but ask
Reply 3
Original post by sam9

I have moved your thread to the Medicine forum where the experts will have better advice than me... :smile:
Original post by sam9

The MB ChB/MB BS (or variants thereof) is an undergraduate joint bachelors degree.

Graduate entry does not mean the same thing as postgraduate. You will be applying for an undergraduate medical degree as a graduate, but that is not the same thing as postgraduate medicine. Postgraduate medical degrees are those which qualified doctors complete e.g. masters degrees, MDs, PhDs, etc.

You need to apply via the undergraduate route.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending