The Student Room Group

Will I still get accepted to KPMG?

Okay so long story short:
Ive received a school leaver offer from KPMG and I needed one B to get in.
In my A levels I got CCC so I decided to take a gap year instead of uni, do some work experience at the NHS finance department and a small local accounting firm and retake some of my exams. I did my last exam today which I was extremely confident about but now I don't think I did very well since the questions were so tedious.

I feel like if I don't get a B I'd be pretty close to it, do you think they'd still give me a chance?
Original post by Querielle
In my A levels I got CCC so I decided to take a gap year instead of uni, do some work experience at the NHS finance department and a small local accounting firm and retake some of my exams. I did my last exam today which I was extremely confident about but now I don't think I did very well since the questions were so tedious.

I feel like if I don't get a B I'd be pretty close to it, do you think they'd still give me a chance?

You dont have your result yet.
Pretty close to a B is still a C and what you have already.
Contact KPMG and they can take into account your additional efforts.

Maybe.

Firstly, yes, they may give you a change but you MUST explain it to them in advance!! The accounting work may also count in your favour. However, I don't want to get your hopes up, it is more likely than not that they rescind the offer.

You'll struggle massively with the accountancy exams if you can't manage one B at A-Level. Not being nasty it's just a fact.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gingerwizard
You'll struggle massively with the accountancy exams if you can't manage one B at A-Level. Not being nasty it's just a fact.

Posted from TSR Mobile

X

Didn't want to say it and put you off but this is very true
Reply 5
Don't worry and thank you for all your advice and comments!

I ended up getting the grades and I've accepted the offer!

Regards,
Querielle

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending