Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just before easter I sung Carmina Burana with my college choir.......it was very good!

ReputationRep:
    Ahh yes, apparently sex pinus erectus is "six tall pine trees". Not sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamierwilliams)
    So do you go through the choral competition and then the college who award you a choral scholarship, you have an interview with later in november/december. or alternatively, if you are not successful with the choral award, you are interviewed by your college of first-preference?? if that's correct, i think i understand how it works!

no no no no (at least with the organ) you have the interview (for me) THIS september... when you take the auditions... the plane tickets are not free mate let's see... You have your academical interview with you college of first preference while you are taking the auditions... and you do the musical auditions in the different colleges you have applied. If you do not get academically in the college you put as first option you'll be pooled for the other colleges where you have passed the auditions... if you are not accepted academically (this without interview) in those ones... then u are pooled with everyone in january for any college...
    I think this is the way this is done! I havent tested it myself... but I will next month!!! By the way if you want to take the choral award the deadline is next 5th sept

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffstar)
    And plant names... :rolleyes:
    Yeah, cos I need to know about them

Makes anatomy a whole lot easier when you know what "foramen magnum/ovale/rotundum" means

And no, Squishy, that's not true, it's just an urban legend, along with Nolite te *******es carborundum (or variations on that theme)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitsune)
    no no no no (at least with the organ) you have the interview (for me) THIS september... when you take the auditions... the plane tickets are not free mate let's see... You have your academical interview with you college of first preference while you are taking the auditions... and you do the musical auditions in the different colleges you have applied. If you do not get academically in the college you put as first option you'll be pooled for the other colleges where you have passed the auditions... if you are not accepted academically (this without interview) in those ones... then u are pooled with everyone in january for any college...
    I think this is the way this is done! I havent tested it myself... but I will next month!!! By the way if you want to take the choral award the deadline is next 5th sept
    right, i finally understand, thanks for your help!

ReputationRep:
    this thread has had loads of posts even though i thought it would be a short couple-of-post-job!

ReputationRep:
    right, i finally understand, thanks for your help!
    COOL!!! Eventually LOL!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, but I could've sworn sex meant six, and pinus was a pine tree.

ReputationRep:
    COOL!!! Eventually LOL!
    Its actually really confusing for someone who has never read anything on it before!

ReputationRep:
    Its actually really confusing for someone who has never read anything on it before!

I bet it is! Are you then applying for the choral award?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy)
    One track mind...

ReputationRep:
    I bet it is! Are you then applying for the choral award?
    Not yet, in one years time......i was just asking the original question because i was inquisitive!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffstar)
    One track mind...
    Excuse me, I was discussing the evergreen tree. Any dirty joke is purely in your mind.

ReputationRep:
    always my threads havent got many replies and this one has loads!!!!!! Have you just done ur GCSEs?

ReputationRep:
    always my threads havent got many replies and this one has loads!!!!!! Have you just done ur GCSEs?
    Maybe, but im very secretive about that kind of thing, dont ask me why!

How did you do in your ASs?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it is, actually. Of course, I don't know what a pine tree actually is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    I don't think it is, actually. Of course, I don't know what a pine tree actually is.
    According to an online dictionary,

pine tree
    1. picea, pinus, tæda

ReputationRep:
    Excuse me, I was discussing the evergreen tree. Any dirty joke is purely in your mind.
    Oh yes of course my fault...can totally see where that came from yes... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe, but im very secretive about that kind of thing, dont ask me why!

How did you do in your ASs?
    Pfff more or less I have A in Business and B in Art. For Maths and Physics I have just modules scores. I also have A in Alevel Spanish

ReputationRep:
    Pfff more or less I have A in Business and B in Art. For Maths and Physics I have just modules scores. I also have A in Alevel Spanish
    Well done!! Aren't you applying for economics (i say in another thread)?

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.