Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamierwilliams)
    Just before easter I sung Carmina Burana with my college choir.......it was very good!
    Now THAT'S fun to translate

ReputationRep:
    Hey jaime i'm going to be auditioning for a choral scholarship in a years time as well, you've probably said in a previous post, but im lazy, what colleges are you thinking about listing?

ReputationRep:
    also what part do you sing? maybe we will be competing lol

ReputationRep:
    Ok, just a brief warning. Maybe thesse are my prejudices but I will warn against applying for choral scholarship at Selwyn on the basis that your audition will be with "AVJ". He was really horrible to me at nterview and since theen I have heard that he is notoriously nasty (from three seperate sources) and that he likes young girls. Maybe it's all just rumour but I certainly didn't like him.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    Ok, just a brief warning. Maybe thesse are my prejudices but I will warn against applying for choral scholarship at Selwyn on the basis that your audition will be with "AVJ". He was really horrible to me at nterview and since theen I have heard that he is notoriously nasty (from three seperate sources) and that he likes young girls. Maybe it's all just rumour but I certainly didn't like him.
    On the other hand, if you're a good looking boy, apply to Clare

This is in no way serious or legally binding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    Hmm... I don't know about that, necessarily. Much of the Latin in Carmina Burana is quite poor, at least by classical standards. It author seems to have indulged in the worst excesses of mediaevalism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    On the other hand, if you're a good looking boy, apply to Clare
    Shame on you...being married and all. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    In the programme (btw it was at blackheath concert halls) there was a full translation of it!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by american615)
    Hey jaime i'm going to be auditioning for a choral scholarship in a years time as well, you've probably said in a previous post, but im lazy, what colleges are you thinking about listing?
    Probably trinity, st.johns, kings, clare, selwyn

wat about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy)
    Shame on you...being married and all. :eek:
    Oh, I didn't mean me!

We do need an influx of good-looking boys though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamierwilliams)
    Well done!! Aren't you applying for economics (i say in another thread)?
    Yeah. I'm applying for econ

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I didn't mean me!

We do need an influx of good-looking boys though.
    Haha, have you met the other UKL Clare boys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by american615)
    who's jaime??? (It's a Spanish name... and it doesn't remind me of good people :mad: ) Is that for me? LOL!
    I HAVE APPLIED for:
    1. Queens'
    2. Peterhouse
    3. Corpus Christi
    4. Girton
    5. Gonville & Caius
    6. St. Catharine's
    7. Trinity Hall
    8. Robinson
    9. Trinity
    10. Pembroke

ReputationRep:
    Haha, have you met the other UKL Clare boys?
    Not all of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitsune)
    8. Robinson
    Good, good.

Not all of them.
    With so many colleges claiming they're friendly or academic or sporting or musical, it makes me wonder which one can claim to have the best-looking people.

ReputationRep:
    With so many colleges claiming they're friendly or academic or sporting or musical, it makes me wonder which one can claim to have the best-looking people.
    Well I can't give you an objective viewpoint on that. It's not Clare though. At least, not for the boys - the girls are meant to be better (except me)

ReputationRep:
    Well I can't give you an objective viewpoint on that. It's not Clare though. At least, not for the boys - the girls are meant to be better (except me)
    LOL! Queens' and Peterhouse (my first two choices) seem to have nice guys (from what I saw in the Prospectus:P) BUT THAT'S NOT WHY I CHOSE THEM :P

ReputationRep:
    Im jamie (well, christened james but anyway)

ReputationRep:
    Did i see mention of Girton choir there! YAY! I have a Choral Scholarship for Girton (would've typed this earlier but i'm in Italy at the moment and i've been enjoying the sunshine!) Also i'm on holiday and i'm still coming on UK-L, i think i need help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitsune)
    LOL! Queens' and Peterhouse (my first two choices) seem to have nice guys (from what I saw in the Prospectus:P) BUT THAT'S NOT WHY I CHOSE THEM :P
    Ahem *no comment*

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.