Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

In june I took Edexcel Biology AS. I have my results and got 238/300, in other words 79.33333 %. This means I am 2 points, or less than 1 percent away from an A.

Should I get it remarked? I really need to know because maybe I can get it remarked before university applications (because it takes 40 days).

Does it change anything to my university application (especially for oxbridge)? How about in terms of UCAS points. I'm not sure.

Thanks a lot :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I got 236 in OCR biology! Damn! I'm not getting it remarked, i'm retaking the unit i got a B for in January, and not declaring my AS grade.

Well, that's the likely situ anyway..

ReputationRep:
    Ah, another case of remarking because you don't like your grade... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    I got 236 in OCR biology! Damn! I'm not getting it remarked, i'm retaking the unit i got a B for in January, and not declaring my AS grade.

Well, that's the likely situ anyway..
    What do you put on your UCAS form then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cellardore)
    What do you put on your UCAS form then?
    If i carry on with English language to A2 rather than biology (i am undecided - see sig!) then i will put:

Four AS grades - geog, socio, eng lang and gen studs in the qualfications completed/certificated section, and AS biology with A2 eng, geog, socio and g/s in the qualifications not yet completed section.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.