Best free website to study from independently?

Watch
studyyiing
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I am currently trying to study GCSE Chemistry and Physics myself to be entered next year for (and in the higher tier) what website is the best to study from? I am currently using Khan Academy, but I am worried it will be too broad and I won't learn the specific information I need to know. I'm doing the Edexcel 9-1 spec. Also, are there any good websites that would cover the whole English Literature/Language, History, Maths and Statistics spec-for free?
MR1999
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Physics and maths tutor
shannonjade800
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by studyyiing)
So I am currently trying to study GCSE Chemistry and Physics myself to be entered next year for (and in the higher tier) what website is the best to study from? I am currently using Khan Academy, but I am worried it will be too broad and I won't learn the specific information I need to know. I'm doing the Edexcel 9-1 spec. Also, are there any good websites that would cover the whole English Literature/Language, History, Maths and Statistics spec-for free?
I would also check the exam boards specification, this entails everything you need to cover! For science, I would recommend the BBC website and if possible you should try get your hands on revision books.

With English language and English literature, they are quite hard to revise for as you never know what can pop up. However, continue to read the reading materials and make important notes.

History - I would also use the BBC website, this is what I used throughout my revision and I come out with a B. If you can get hold of the textbooks that they have in school it would be much easier.
MaherphD
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Posted from TSR Mobile
weeaboo256
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by MaherPhd)
I'm creating my website of 9 - 1 over this summer for all gcse sciences edexcel.
I'll send you the link soon when I'm nearly going to finish.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Please notify me as well.
carrotstar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Rather than websites, I'd really recommend revision guides like CGP
MaherphD
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by studyyiing)

(Original post by weeaboo256)
Please notify me as well.

I also think that downloading the specification and trying to know everything the spec requires you to know would help you reach your target grades.

Moreover, go and buy pearson edexcel 9 - 1 specicification revision guides AND workbooks. Honestly, these books are very helpful as they go along with the specification. The website am trying to create just goes with the specification, so other than the website which I think I will NOT have finish it until September as I'll not have time to write everything for gcse sciences in this short amount of time.

Also from September I need to mainly focus on my A levels. OTHER THAN WEBSITE, you should really buy the revision guides I've told you to buy.

BEST OF LUCK!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (133)
29.69%
No (315)
70.31%

Watched Threads