The Student Room Group

Is it ok the I don't care about my GCSEs

All through my school career I have been achieving top levels in all of my subjects. But around halfway through year 9, I just stopped caring. We've all been told that our grades are our gateway to our future, and if we fail and don't put the effort in then we will be working at McDonalds for our whole life. But I just aren't bothered anymore. I know that this attitude will only get end up with my failing my exams and working at a dead end job in the future, but I don't care. I dont revise, I fall asleep in class and I just generally put no effort into anything that I do. When I tell this to my teachers they try to scare me into revising by telling me that I'll end up homeless, but I still don't care. Is this a bad thing? Or is school just not for everyone?
Mediocre GCSE's + Good A levels = Good uni

Only real exceptions being Imperial/Oxford, maybe LSE
Reply 2
Original post by ScriptedBacon
All through my school career I have been achieving top levels in all of my subjects. But around halfway through year 9, I just stopped caring. We've all been told that our grades are our gateway to our future, and if we fail and don't put the effort in then we will be working at McDonalds for our whole life. But I just aren't bothered anymore. I know that this attitude will only get end up with my failing my exams and working at a dead end job in the future, but I don't care. I dont revise, I fall asleep in class and I just generally put no effort into anything that I do. When I tell this to my teachers they try to scare me into revising by telling me that I'll end up homeless, but I still don't care. Is this a bad thing? Or is school just not for everyone?

From first hand experience, but from different circumstances, I failed all my gcse's. Make the most of it dude you will regret it 100%.
Mate focus on school however if u have other interest just do what you love and the money will roll in
Well, at the end of the day if you get good grades then you will be fine. However, this is such a poisonous mindset to have, and probably will be a barrier in the future where hardwork, and caring is essential to get by.
If you don't care why bother going to school in the first place
Reply 6
If you're bright you'll easily get 8+ B/As in GCSE with no revision, use this to apply for apprenticeships you actually care about and you'll be making more than at least half your friends who go onto A Levels. If instead, you're lazy and just too arrogant to realise you're struggling, your life will be miserable.
30 years old and living with my parents, the dream life my friend lies not with the GCSEs
it's okay, so long as you don't vote labour because of it
You should care at the moment.

I can not care about mine as I have a postgraduate qualification now :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest