The Student Room Group

is sex supposed to be this painful?

I'm a 21 year old girl and me and my boyfriend have been together 6 months. I was a virgin before.

however I have a bit of a problem. every time we have sex it is so bloody painful and the most uncomfortable thing I have ever done and to be honest I'm put out of coz of it. however I do it just to take make my boyfriend happy coz he wants it often. we dont do anything other than sex when it comes to intamicy. e.g kissing etc

how do I voice my concerns to him coz there is only so much I could take. I'm thinking of going into a sexless relationship coz of this. is there anything I could do to get rid of the pain? is there anything I could do to make the sex painless? I even find it hard to walk properly sometimes

btw it is my first time in a relationship and I am almost clueless when it comes to sex! any advise?
i may be wrong.. but hes doing it wrong... he should be gentle and slow you know
Don't be stupid, don't go into a sexless relationship because you are having pain during sex. Are you using lube? Also you might have a condition called vaginitis and should get checked by the gynaecologist. Hope things get better for you hun, and do talk to your boyfriend about it.
Reply 3
Original post by Fermion.
Don't be stupid, don't go into a sexless relationship because you are having pain during sex. Are you using lube? Also you might have a condition called vaginitis and should get checked by the gynaecologist. Hope things get better for you hun, and do talk to your boyfriend about it.

what? it's an actual medical condition? could it be that maybe he's doing something wrong? I would hate to think that there's something wrong with me..
Original post by Anonymous
what? it's an actual medical condition? could it be that maybe he's doing something wrong? I would hate to think that there's something wrong with me..

Sorry the medical condition is actually called Vaginismus (autocorrect changed it haha) - Vaginismus is the term used to describe recurrent or persistent involuntary tightening of muscles around the vagina whenever penetration is attempted.

I'm not sure but you should go to a GP to get some advice.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a 21 year old girl and me and my boyfriend have been together 6 months. I was a virgin before.

however I have a bit of a problem. every time we have sex it is so bloody painful and the most uncomfortable thing I have ever done and to be honest I'm put out of coz of it. however I do it just to take make my boyfriend happy coz he wants it often. we dont do anything other than sex when it comes to intamicy. e.g kissing etc

how do I voice my concerns to him coz there is only so much I could take. I'm thinking of going into a sexless relationship coz of this. is there anything I could do to get rid of the pain? is there anything I could do to make the sex painless? I even find it hard to walk properly sometimes

btw it is my first time in a relationship and I am almost clueless when it comes to sex! any advise?

If you're going straight into sex, with no kissing or foreplay, that will be why you're in so much pain. Your body should produce its own natural lubricant and stretch a bit more easily once you're aroused enough, which is achieved through foreplay. You should discuss this with your partner and get him to slow things down a bit and focus more on the build up rather than the actual act of sex itself. Also, as another poster said, lube is always a good shout.
Sounds like it is something his tongue could cure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending