This discussion is part of a series.
view previous
Manitude
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by PepticSalve)
Falkenbach are a great band, Asa is good also, bit heavier than the early stuff, I think Ok Nefna is still my fave album by them. If you like that style you'll probably like Skogen - Svitjod, Finsterforst - Rastlos and Wildrun - Sleep At The Edge Of The Earth. Loads of good folk metal out there. Moonsorrow is still the benchmark though IMO!
Cheers for those recommendations. I've heard of Wildrun but not the other two. Although these days my tastes in folk metal are more severe than they used to be (bands that are too cheesy or go through the motions without bringing anything new to the table bore the hell out of me), I'll give most bands at least a little chance to impress me.

(Original post by Leviathan1741)
How about Equilibrium and Ensiferum?
Used to be huge fans of both bands. I'm not massively keen on either or their more recent outputs. Sagas is still be a brilliant album to me, though.
Leviathan1741
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm only three songs in but I'm already loving this album, Spreading The Firewings is fantastic!

Eternalflames
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Drunk Punx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
New hard rock band from the vocalist of Little Angels.

Drunk Punx
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Saturday ****'s n' giggles:

Glen Matlock has been a busy boy.
huv
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
anyone likes muse here?
black1blade
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Anyone seen baby driver? Some killer tracks from some killer albums:
Seigfried
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by huvaxshatra)
anyone likes muse here?
Yes im into them but my main bands are QOTSA AM and KoL although the last KoL album was a disaster
Seigfried
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Whats going on with AM? Anyone else think the wait is overly long
PerplexingGeode
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This project (Valiant) bears resemblances to Eldamar; I feel that Valiant's musicianship has matured with every album - however, my favourite album of this one person project, is 'The Conspiring'. The album below, is of Valiant's most recent work, 'A Moribund Destiny'.

:tea:

Manitude
Rep:
?
Today I've been sorting out the drum track and chord changes for a cover I'm working on. I don't want to say too much, but it's written by Noel Gallagher, I'm doing it in an atmospheric black metal style but changing very little other than the style. It's also not Wonderwall.
Drostina
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Love this song! :love:

username3180692
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by huvaxshatra)
anyone likes muse here?
hell yh
Manitude
Rep:
?
https://www.reddit.com/r/Metal/comme...l_to_die_upon/
I feel bad for Sathamel here. I know one of the members and it seems like it was a genuine mistake caused by not checking who had the copyright to some guitar pro tracks that a previous member had left in a shared folder.
Manitude
Rep:
?
Tonight I discovered that I have a bunch of youtube videos of my old recordings that I'd made private at some point. Some of which were black metal or just rubbish 'metal' covers of songs I liked at the time. Some of it could probably be released as part of a record at some point without any changes.
PonuryWilk
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

If someone here likes Dave Mustaine's vocals, then this is something definetaly for you!
DCFCfan4eva
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by PonuryWilk)

If someone here likes Dave Mustaine's vocals, then this is something definetaly for you!
Not bad!
DCFCfan4eva
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I recently started reviewing for a rock/metal website (albums gigs etc) and did one for 'Rage's new album and got 3 more coming in the next week it out if you want.

Also if anyone else feels like giving it a go, they are looking for more contributers!

https://mindnoisenetwork.com
Manitude
Rep:
?
I've spent the last few days mulling over yet another solo project that I'm intending to be completely anonymous as the concept will absolutely be misunderstood (and that's part of the point). But my question is how does I promote such a release anonymously? I won't be posting it on here or Facebook. I might put it on YouTube with a new account, but videos on their own don't do much.

So far I've got a few lyrics here and there and an idea of the style of music it will be (raw & simple as the focus is on the concepts).

I can't actually record that much right now as I haven't got my electric guitar with me. But I can write on an acoustic and do the drums and bass.
Manitude
Rep:
?
Through the miracle of poor planning, I've managed to commit myself to three festivals on consecutive weekends in late September/early October (Warhorns, HRH Stoner/Doom and Blackwood Gathering). I think I'll just skip the one in the middle as I only paid a £10 booking fee for a "free" ticket that a friend won and the other two have significantly better lineups and loads of people I know going to them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (128)
63.68%
No (73)
36.32%

Watched Threads