This discussion is part of a series.
view previous
Drunk Punx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Manitude)
I've spent the last few days mulling over yet another solo project that I'm intending to be completely anonymous as the concept will absolutely be misunderstood (and that's part of the point). But my question is how does I promote such a release anonymously? I won't be posting it on here or Facebook. I might put it on YouTube with a new account, but videos on their own don't do much.

So far I've got a few lyrics here and there and an idea of the style of music it will be (raw & simple as the focus is on the concepts).

I can't actually record that much right now as I haven't got my electric guitar with me. But I can write on an acoustic and do the drums and bass.
Aw nah, you gotta post it on here! Or at the very least, wing me a link when you're done with it

As for promotion... I'm kinda stumped. Maybe contact a well known Youtuber (Lightfox177, Atmospheric Black Metal Albums, etc) and see if they'll put it up for you?
Manitude
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Drunk Punx)
Aw nah, you gotta post it on here! Or at the very least, wing me a link when you're done with it

As for promotion... I'm kinda stumped. Maybe contact a well known Youtuber (Lightfox177, Atmospheric Black Metal Albums, etc) and see if they'll put it up for you?
I hadn't thought at all about those YT channels actually, cheers. They would be ideal if they were up for posting it.

I've maybe reconsidered the anonymity of it, as most people who know me well know would either know that I don't support any of the messages I would include, or wouldn't care if I did.
Drunk Punx
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I hadn't thought at all about those YT channels actually, cheers. They would be ideal if they were up for posting it.

I've maybe reconsidered the anonymity of it, as most people who know me well know would either know that I don't support any of the messages I would include, or wouldn't care if I did.
Is it gonna be kinda NSBM-y?
Manitude
Rep:
?
Is it gonna be kinda NSBM-y?
Not really. Although I do have a bit of a running joke with a couple of friends about "naughty flutes" in NSBM music so I'm almost certainly going to include that as an in joke.

People will probably assume it's NSBM because of the sound samples I intend to use. But people that do that will be misunderstanding the point of it all.
Drunk Punx
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Not really. Although I do have a bit of a running joke with a couple of friends about "naughty flutes" in NSBM music so I'm almost certainly going to include that as an in joke.

People will probably assume it's NSBM because of the sound samples I intend to use. But people that do that will be misunderstanding the point of it all.
What is the point of it all? Or is it a "wait and see" deal? I'm actually quite anticipating this, take your time with it and get it to turn out as you've envisioned it.
Manitude
Rep:
?
What is the point of it all? Or is it a "wait and see" deal? I'm actually quite anticipating this, take your time with it and get it to turn out as you've envisioned it.
I'll PM you about the concepts.
Manitude
Rep:
?
I laid down a drum structure for the first track on my new super secret EP that I'm doing. I'm really bad at programming drums so it took far longer than it should have done. Starts off slow and normie, then a solid two minutes of blast beats for the main bulk of it, then another minute or two of slower stuff that's quite reminiscent of Mgła. I ma try and emulate a riff from them for that section as I think it work well.

I experimented with a few riffs on my guitar to go with it and came up with some OK things, but nothing quite hitting the level of aggression I'm after for this release. I would have recorded some guitars tonight but the cable I use to go between my guitar and interface has gone missing since I moved house so I'm probably going to have to wait till the weekend to get a new one delivered.
Manitude
Rep:
?
A new compilation album called "British Steel - The rising force in British heavy metal" came out over the weekend. Three out of the eleven tracks featured are Lancaster based bands which I think says quite a lot about my local scene :cool:

01. Amulet – ‘Highwayman’
02. Aggressive Perfector – ‘Harlot’s Spell’
03. Eliminator – ‘Lost To The Void’
04. Dungeon – ‘Queen Of Sin’
05. Dark Forest – ‘Where The Arrow Falls’
06. Toledo Steel – ‘Rock Nights’
07. Vuil – ‘Iron Witch’
08. Seven Sisters – ‘The Witch’s Eye’
09. Insurgency – ‘Destined For Death’
10. Neuronspoiler – ‘Slay The Beast’
11. Wytch Hazel – ‘Freedom Battle’
Manitude
Rep:
?
This week I treated myself a turntable, amp and speakers as I got my deposit back from my previous landlord. I've been listening to my records most of the time since then, it's great. When the record is in good condition it sounds absolutely amazing. Even my cheap and old records sound great, although with quite a lot of crackle. Mostly been playing Mike Oldfield and Wishbone Ash. I did put on a bit of Meatloaf earlier, too.

I purchased these things:
Audio-Technica AT-LP60 turntable
Pioneer A-10-K 50W Stereo Amplifier
Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 Speakers

I really want to properly turn the volume up at some point, I've taken it half way up so far, but that is already probably too loud for my neighbours to be OK with.
Drunk Punx
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Bit deathy, bit doomy, bit funeraly.

black1blade
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Does anyone here like budgie?
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by black1blade)
Does anyone here like budgie?
I quite like them. I actually know Si Lees personally.
Manitude
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Bit deathy, bit doomy, bit funeraly.

That's pretty heavy tbf. Not hugely my thing but reasonably listenable.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
A new compilation album called "British Steel - The rising force in British heavy metal" came out over the weekend. Three out of the eleven tracks featured are Lancaster based bands which I think says quite a lot about my local scene :cool:

01. Amulet – ‘Highwayman’
02. Aggressive Perfector – ‘Harlot’s Spell’
03. Eliminator – ‘Lost To The Void’
04. Dungeon – ‘Queen Of Sin’
05. Dark Forest – ‘Where The Arrow Falls’
06. Toledo Steel – ‘Rock Nights’
07. Vuil – ‘Iron Witch’
08. Seven Sisters – ‘The Witch’s Eye’
09. Insurgency – ‘Destined For Death’
10. Neuronspoiler – ‘Slay The Beast’
11. Wytch Hazel – ‘Freedom Battle’
Massive Wagons, Lancaster's biggest export (or soon to be, worldwide deal with Earache).
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
New hard rock band from the vocalist of Little Angels.

Saw them last week, were dead good.
Manitude
Rep:
?
(Original post by gjd800)
Massive Wagons, Lancaster's biggest export (or soon to be, worldwide deal with Earache).
Somewhat shamefully, I've yet to see Massive Wagons perform. They've done a whole bunch of gigs over the years and I've always been elsewhere for whatever reasons.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Somewhat shamefully, I've yet to see Massive Wagons perform. They've done a whole bunch of gigs over the years and I've always been elsewhere for whatever reasons.
They're good fun. Honest, straight-up rock. Top bunch of lads as well.
Manitude
Rep:
?
A good friend of mine unleashed his new black metal band on the world tonight:

FFO Emperor, Gorgoroth, Mutiilation, Ancient, Darkthrone and "Finnish melodic black metal".
Manitude
Rep:
?
A band I like has been getting into the "play this song at this time to hear that thing at midnight" meme vibe:

Also, everyone should go and check that album out because it's really good. Crushingly miserable music, although when I briefly chatted to the guy from the band when buying the album he seemed really chirpy and friendly and gave me a free tshirt.
Manitude
Rep:
?
Maybe it's the flu talking, but I am seriously considering spending nearly £300 on the getting three Kingston Wall records. Two of them of are mint condition and the other has only been played once. It seems highly unlikely that they'll ever be repressed.

If only I had more money :emo:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (75)
18.52%
Labour (165)
40.74%
Liberal Democrats (86)
21.23%
Green Party (30)
7.41%
Brexit Party (12)
2.96%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (6)
1.48%
Plaid Cymru (5)
1.23%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)