Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting sick of these people - yesterday they requested by roll number for my bank for the 5th time! My bank has confirmed that all the details I'm giving them are correct as well. When I send the form back I'm writting them a note to go with it. Has anyone else had this problem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chubb)
    I'm getting sick of these people - yesterday they requested by roll number for my bank for the 5th time! My bank has confirmed that all the details I'm giving them are correct as well. When I send the form back I'm writting them a note to go with it. Has anyone else had this problem?
    Nope, i haven't even got that far yet. I applied ages ago and their still taking their time telling me what i'm entitled to!

ReputationRep:
    Haven't got that far yet either! I missed the deadline though, so who knows when I'll actually hear back from them...

ReputationRep:
    I was within the deadline and they still haven't got back to me :mad:

I'm going to give them grief...

ReputationRep:
    well i need to send a 'final notification of assessment' to my uni, but i only have a provisional one - blahblahblah! they sent it to me a month ago and it said they need more info from me to make it a final notification - wel why havent they asked me for any bloody information yet?! dammit! if i dont pay my tuition fees soon then i'll have to pay the full £1150 - whereas i only really need to pay bout £400 of it..

damn you student finance direct, damn you!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chubb)
    Despite sending them my correct bank details they have written to me asking me to confirm them on a form.

The only problem is that they did not include the form thus meaning that I had to telephone them to do it over the phone.

When I rang them they told me that they could not talk to me about it because I did not have my passoword. When I said that I had never been allocated a password they said that I should have recieved a letter with my password a while ago.

They are now resending me my password letter so that I can ring them up and request the form that they will then send to me that I will then send back to them.

Bizzare isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark_KK)
    Despite sending them my correct bank details they have written to me asking me to confirm them on a form.

The only problem is that they did not include the form thus meaning that I had to telephone them to do it over the phone.

When I rang them they told me that they could not talk to me about it because I did not have my passoword. When I said that I had never been allocated a password they said that I should have recieved a letter with my password a while ago.

They are now resending me my password letter so that I can ring them up and request the form that they will then send to me that I will then send back to them.

Bizzare isn't it?
    If your bank details are correct then leave them alone.

They send out a letter asking you to confirm your bank details and there is a form attached. You only fill in the form if the details are wrong. If they are correct then don't send in the form, as it will only confuse the SLC even further.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I’ve had problems. I believe I should be eligible for the HE Grant, but they tell me I'm not. They've input my UCAS number incorrectly (a 7 for a 9, and my handwriting is perfectly legible). And on top of that, they sent me three copies of my assessment letter in the same envelope!

My university has changed since applying, so I expect this to throw up a whole host of further problems. I have very little faith in my LEA/the SLC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vyse)
    And on top of that, they sent me three copies of my assessment letter in the same envelope!
    thats supposed to happen - one is for you to send to your university, one is for your parents and the other is for you! silly billy!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkler)
    thats supposed to happen - one is for you to send to your university, one is for your parents and the other is for you! silly billy!!

Oh, thanks I wasn't to know.

Lucky I found out, otherwise I'd probably have binned the duplicates again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slowjamz)
    Haven't got that far yet either! I missed the deadline though, so who knows when I'll actually hear back from them...
    I already know how much I should get as I'm going to start my second year of uni. I missed the deadline, and so have no idea when I will get my loan. And plus I always worry as to whether or not there was something wrong with my application, or they didn't receice it or something.

ReputationRep:
    The first problem is that my mum doesn't have a P60 form and she is a single mother. Therefore, it has been hard for us to provide evidence for it. In the past when we applied for EMA, my mum simply used her Tax Credits Award form and that was fine. It states on it how much she earned last year and that she is a single mother! I wished they were so fussy! So I have to fill out this different form and get her previous employer to sign it. Also, they ask that if my mum is single, she needs to confirm this in writing. So what do I do? Just get her to write 'I'm a single mother', sign it and that's it? My mum has other documents and benefit books which say she has always been a single mother, so I hope that goes fine.

Then I have another situation which I'm not sure about. I'm with Halifax and I have a Solo card but I dunno which account I'm with. Anyways, when the SLC sent me a letter about how much I would be getting for my loan, they sent another form about my bank details. My sort code and account number was there but my roll number was missing. I thought it was as obvious to fill it in and post it back, which I did. But now, I'm not sure whether I should have done that and whether it is dangerous to give out too many details about your account. I thought I had to since my roll number was on my bank statement and it said on the SLC form 'bank/building society roll number' so I hope I haven't made a mistake.

Anyways, I got my reply from SLC about my loan and this 'Dependent's Grant', and also a provisional thing from my LEA about my tuition fees all being paid, plus the HE Grant. I think this Dependent's Grant and the HE Grant are the same but I ain't sure. Well, I was pretty sure all I had to do was phone up my LEA to tell them I had changed course and that I just had to wait for my final thing from the LEA and now all this has come!

I HATE THE B*ST*RDS!!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I had to send in me mum and dads divorce certifiate to prove they were separated. Some mates had to photocopy their dads death certificates to prove the same thing.
    My bank details have changed (to Natwest) so I sent in new details but my account doesnt seem to have a roll number, is it just building societys that have roll numbers??

And yeh the depedants grant is the higer edu grant.... god knows why they dont just put it on in the first place :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I had problems last year proving my dad was divorced from my mum, its hard. Thi year has been easier as im a returning student so they technically knew my details. I just didnt fill in anything about my father.
    Hope you all get your problems sorted out.

ReputationRep:
    20 days to go and I still haven't heard anything concerning a value as to what i should get. I have phoned them and they said its being dealt with but i really have no faith whatsoever in them. If i dont get something back soon I'm gonna have to pay fees and I shouldn't have to so it is sort of worrying now. I currently only have a £1250 overdraft to survive on and the odd bit of cash from my job. I should be eligible for a full amount and the HE grant and if i dont get this in time I really am going to be in alot of of trouble as i have accomodation fees to pay off and sort out and I don't know where they are coming from at the moment without that loan........Growing up really is stressful lol....I should've jsut gone and become a plumber. Any words of wisdom or to stop me worrying are much appreciated e.g. someone else not heard anything, or omeone who been through this before and did get everything ALL in time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heather_the_nun)
    is it just building societys that have roll numbers??

To my knowledge only building society's (such as the Halifax) have roll numbers. As long as you include your branch sort code and bank account number all should be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeWired)
    To my knowledge only building society's (such as the Halifax) have roll numbers. As long as you include your branch sort code and bank account number all should be fine
    So is it safe to give your roll number? I'm with Halifax but I dunno whether mine is a bank or building society. I thought it was a bank at first but I'm not sure now. I do have my roll number printed on my monthly statements though so I wrote it on the form and sent it back. Hope I didn't make a mistake
    :eek:

ReputationRep:
    well my problem is that they lost my birth certificate and told me that i had only sent a copy so they binned it. i had clearly noted on it, that it was an original!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chubb)
    They have also asked for my NINO the second time despite the second time was the correct one. Thankfully I am now reapplying next year, or after that.

ReputationRep:
    I'm STILL waiting for a response, depsite having the form in on time! I also think they are totally inept. Luckily being a We;sh student I have no fees to pay, and my accom doesn't need to be paid until 27th Oct. Lucky me!

Poll
Do you have a role model?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.