Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chubb)
    I'm getting sick of these people - yesterday they requested by roll number for my bank for the 5th time! My bank has confirmed that all the details I'm giving them are correct as well. When I send the form back I'm writting them a note to go with it. Has anyone else had this problem?
    They are pretty cr*p. They sent a letter to my house asking for proof of address. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dajo123)
    They are pretty cr*p. They sent a letter to my house asking for proof of address. :confused:
    Haha! Homer Simpson: "Operator, give me the number for 911"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Haha! Homer Simpson: "Operator, give me the number for 911"
    lol, but it is scary to think these people have such power....

ReputationRep:
    lol, but it is scary to think these people have such power....
    It's the Bush disease.

ReputationRep:
    It's the Bush disease.
    Controversial

ReputationRep:
    Controversial
    Spamtroversial

ReputationRep:
    Controversial
    Well I could have said something about Ireland but....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carldaman)
    Spamtroversial
    Ok, point taken, but this thread isnt very active so i didnt think anyone would mind.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, point taken, but this thread isnt very active so i didnt think anyone would mind.
    Hehehe I don't really, and by posting that I was spamming myself, as I am now. Its a self perpetuating problem only ended by me going to bed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carldaman)
    by posting that I was spamming myself, as I am now.
    How ironic.

ReputationRep:
    How ironic.
    How tiring. Good night, for real this time.

ReputationRep:
    Aaahhhh I have spent all morning trying to get through to The Idiots (you know who) and the one time I did get through - the bloody idiots/or their phone line, disconnected me! Grrr!!

ReputationRep:
    Well my mum went to the local Access Point yesterday to hand in some more forms, which they photocopied. I hope that THIS time, it will work out and they will send me the final confirmation thing. To be honest, I don't mind if they just pay part of my tuition fees, and only give me 75% of the loan like everyone is entitled to. I just want this sorted out, done and dusted!!!!! It's not fair to have this extra stress on you when you are supposed to be refreshing yourself for uni!

ReputationRep:
    I think my problem is more of a cross council problem but here we go:

I am in Nottingham CITY not Nottingham COUNTY. I sent all my info off for the CITY and got a letter saying "I wasn't in the city and was an idiot for sending my details to them, they will send it to county". That day I went down to the finance dept. in the city council and told them of my problem, the guy was bored of me after 10 minutes, checked the "free school meals book" and agreed, yes, you're in the city "well done" i felt. "I will sort it out for you, no problem" "good, and will you confirm it with a letter and phone call" "as you wish sir". I was happy with myself.

However, 3 months on and it's all gone through the country council, nobody did anything at all to help and I am not wasting my time trying to sort it out. I am still getting the money but it's annoying it's from the wrong people, I am worried the county council will turn around next week "Sorry, you're not eligible!" and I won't get anything

ReputationRep:
    Considering I put my application in before the deadline and my LEA has the lowest amount of students applying for university and loans, its pretty worrying that my application still hasn't been processed.

I so don't know what to do, I leave in a week and a half and all I have is a login and password :confused:

Now after having spoken to them again this morning (after being on hold for half an hour) I get told I have to wait somewhere between two and six weeks as the actual acknowlegement wasn't sent out until the 12th July. Useless *****

ReputationRep:
    Once again they have sent me a letter part of which asks for mybank details on "the enclosed form".

The problem is they have (again) forgotten to include "the enclosed form" thus meaning that I cannot complete it as I do not have it!

When I ring them they say that they cannot discuss things over the phone unless I quote my password. When I explained that I did not recieve any letter telling me of my password they said that they will resend it.

They said that they would resend it a week ago and I am still waiting .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkler)
    well i need to send a 'final notification of assessment' to my uni, but i only have a provisional one - blahblahblah! they sent it to me a month ago and it said they need more info from me to make it a final notification - wel why havent they asked me for any bloody information yet?! dammit! if i dont pay my tuition fees soon then i'll have to pay the full £1150 - whereas i only really need to pay bout £400 of it..

damn you student finance direct, damn you!!

Hey Sparkler, don't worry

The REAL situation with Student Loans is this:

They installed a new computer system this year to help process the forms, but it has actually been more of a hindrance and things are taking much longer than they should. Therefore, even if you applied before the deadline, you might not necessarily get the full amount before the term starts.

They know its their fault that they are behind, so they are sending everyone who they havent got round to yet 'Provisional' assessments so they at least get some money for the start of term, even if they are entitled to more. Then, gradually they will get round to everyone else and top them up with what else they are entitled to (if any)

Your provisional assessment will be the minimum loan, full tuition fees should be paid, no HE grant etc - i.e basically non income assessed. Because this will mean some students will be off to uni on Registration Day with a form saying they should pay fees when this might not necesarily be the case, the SLC have written to all unis informing them that they are behind with applications and some people will only have provisional assessments.

I found out all this from a nice woman at the SLC, after I kicked up a fuss because I got the same letter as Sparkler saying they wanted more info and I couldnt understand what it could be. Some ***** told me it was my fault because I 'obviously didnt fill in all parts of the form' and some other guy was trying to fob me off with some other story. Eventually some one phoned me back and told me the truth.

Hope this helps everyone who is panicking and hope everyone at least gets some money at the start of term, even if it isn't their full entitlement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenna999)
    Your provisional assessment will be the minimum loan, full tuition fees should be paid, no HE grant etc - i.e basically non income assessed.
    do you mean maximum loan?? cause the letter says that i'm getting the full £4095.. am i not getting as much money as i thought??

and ive sent out my fees cheque to my university paying them bout £400 - will i have to pay more or something??

youve confused me now - i thought i had it sorted..

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.