Vlad1711
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello,
I'm hoping to go to Cambridge for 2018/2019 entry and was wandering if anyone of you already have gotten an offer or been to Cambridge to study maths have any tips, as I don't have any like extra help on classes for step or any interview help as most people do who apply. Therefore, was wandering if you please would like help me of how to move from a level syllabus to being able to answer Cambridge interview questions and then being able to do step, as the moment I had a look at step, I know I haven't done all of the syllabus but most questions don't make sense at all. Then also I had a look at mat as it's also quite a hard entry exam and the questions of how they worded don't make any sense whatsoever as English is my third language aswell. I would really appreciate any help any of you can offer of moving from a level to getting into Cambridge.
Thank you all for replies
mathsinsider
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
For STEP prep start here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...rimary_content

I'm sure there'll be an updated 2018 STEP Prep Thread running from late August, but the 2017 thread above will give you most of the info you need to get started.
Phoenix Everill
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi! I'm in the same shoes as you, but I'd love to study Physics at Trinity college. But some useful information for you to know is the STEP support program on the Cambridge university website. They have over 20 'assignments' that'll get you ready to sit a STEP paper. They highly recommend you to start doing those assignments in Y12 or in the summer of Y12. I hope that helped
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's worrying you most about starting back at school/college this year?

The potential for Covid to keep disrupting things (111)
14.62%
My mental health (111)
14.62%
Feeling behind academically (143)
18.84%
Making friends/social anxiety (137)
18.05%
How to organise myself (25)
3.29%
How to revise/study effectively (90)
11.86%
Future career, uni, pathway planning and applications (127)
16.73%
Something else - let us know in the thread (15)
1.98%

Watched Threads