The Student Room Group

Messed up AS maths

I think I got a B in c1 an A in c2 and an E I d1. What grade will this become? I am so annoyed at myself-its embarrassing
I'm thinking I'll get 63 in c1, 55 in C2 and 39 in D1
Please tell me it's at least a C
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Zubair1234
I think I got a B in c1 an A in c2 and an E I d1. What grade will this become? I am so annoyed at myself-its embarrassing
I'm thinking I'll get 60 in c1, 55 in C2 and 39 in D1

Don't worry you only messed up 1 A level, have you seen my life?
Reply 2
Original post by Xopher_
Don't worry you only messed up 1 A level, have you seen my life?

The only thing I have is my grades and I've messed them up as well now.
But "the harder the ball hits the ground the higher it bounces up"
Reply 3
The only thing I have is my grades and I've messed them up as well now.
But "the harder the ball hits the ground the higher it bounces up"

Come back stronger you can do it :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Xopher_
Come back stronger you can do it :smile:

Thanks😊
Ill just resut d1 but results day is going to be awkward because my teacher expected an A
Reply 5
Figure out why this happened or you will mess up A2 as well. It only gets harder, a LOT harder. No one gets an E in maths unless something has gone horribly wrong e.g. you were feeling ill or panicked or had a breakdown. Maths is one of the subjects where you literally can prepare the most for it to guarantee a good grade. Sorry if this seems harsh but its not like an essay subject where its luck of the draw. There are only right answers and it comes with practice. So it doesn't seem like you have worked hard enough. But you can always make it up next year. Although it will be really tough. Eg i got 284/300 at AS and so this year i only need CCC to get an A overall which took the stress off. I am by no means "naturally gifted" at maths. To do well in maths you simply have to work hard. Good luck!

Edit: you can just retake D1 next year too
Reply 6
Thanks😊
Ill just resut d1 but results day is going to be awkward because my teacher expected an A

Don't worry about expectations just do your best :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Zaydy3
Figure out why this happened or you will mess up A2 as well. It only gets harder, a LOT harder. No one gets an E in maths unless something has gone horribly wrong e.g. you were feeling ill or panicked or had a breakdown. Maths is one of the subjects where you literally can prepare the most for it to guarantee a good grade. Sorry if this seems harsh but its not like an essay subject where its luck of the draw. There are only right answers and it comes with practice. So it doesn't seem like you have worked hard enough. But you can always make it up next year. Although it will be really tough. Eg i got 284/300 at AS and so this year i only need CCC to get an A overall which took the stress off. I am by no means "naturally gifted" at maths. To do well in maths you simply have to work hard. Good luck!

Edit: you can just retake D1 next year too

I did work hard if I get An A in c1 and a B in c2 right?
I just panicked in d1 because I had like 5 hours sleep

Quick Reply

Latest