The Student Room Group

Applying through clearing or take a gap year?

Hello there.

Do you think that I should still apply to universities through clearing? I have been informed by my tutors that any applications that have been submitted to UCAS after the 30th of June are entered in to Clearing. Not 100% sure since I don't want to rush applying into university. Should I take a gap year instead? To earn money and thoroughly research which uni I wanna go to. I'm already 24 years old and I feel like I'll be wasting another year if I don't apply this year.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Original post by jerico3193
Hello there.

Do you think that I should still apply to universities through clearing? I have been informed by my tutors that any applications that have been submitted to UCAS after the 30th of June are entered in to Clearing. Not 100% sure since I don't want to rush applying into university. Should I take a gap year instead? To earn money and thoroughly research which uni I wanna go to. I'm already 24 years old and I feel like I'll be wasting another year if I don't apply this year.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

So you applied late or havent applied yet?

Mu advice is wait to see whats in clearing and if you arent sure, then just take a gap and apply as normal next year or when you feel you know what you wish to do and where. Its a potential Β£50,000 worth of debt so get it right. Pointless jumping into something if you dont know what you want.

Quick Reply

Latest