The Student Room Group

University Choice Help Please

I am think out apply to universities soon for September 2018 entry. I have choosen the course Business Management after thorough research, have considered a few universities including; University of Birmingham, Durham University, University of Manchester(maybe), University of Surrey and Cass Business School.

I am not quite sure if I will recieve an offer. My GCSEs were mediocre at 1 A (RS), 4Bs (Maths, English Lit, Geography, Citizenship) and 6Cs including English Language, History, Spanish, Double Science and Computer Science. My Predicted Result for Year 13 are, D*D*D* in BTEC Extended Diploma in Business and an A/B in A-Level Maths. I have done some prior research into the course and Universities , however I would value other peoples opinion and judgements.

I am also sitting year 12 for a second time. First time round there were 'partial' extenuating circumstances involving my health, and I also did not receive good grades first time round, hence taking on BTECs and dropping two A-levels, but continuing on Maths.

Thanks.
These seem like reasonable choices, the only thing I would recommend would be contacting them to ensure your "resit" and BTEC are accepted (the former I think is only relevant for Durham realistically). Otherwise you seem to be doing well academically and they have a range of entry requirements but are appropriate for your academic achievement so far :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest