The Student Room Group

University Choices Help Please

I am think out apply to universities soon for September 2018 entry. I have choosen the course Business Management after thorough research, have considered a few universities including; University of Birmingham, Durham University, University of Manchester(maybe), University of Surrey and Cass Business School.

I am not quite sure if I will recieve an offer. My GCSEs were mediocre at 1 A (RS), 4Bs (Maths, English Lit, Geography, Citizenship) and 6Cs including English Language, History, Spanish, Double Science and Computer Science. My Predicted Result for Year 13 are, D*D*D* in BTEC Extended Diploma in Business and an A/B in A-Level Maths. I have done some prior research into the course and Universities , however I would value other peoples opinion and judgements.

I am also sitting year 12 for a second time. First time round there were 'partial' extenuating circumstances involving my health, and I also did not receive good grades first time round, hence taking on BTECs and dropping two A-levels, but continuing on Maths.

Thanks.
Original post by Sir Sheikh

I'm not sure what the question is. You've obviously done some research and worked out which unis are best for you and what you're looking for. If you meet the entry requirements you should be fine. Once you have offers you can have a look again at the unis to work out where you'll be happiest. Visit the unis if you can as well.
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
I'm not sure what the question is. You've obviously done some research and worked out which unis are best for you and what you're looking for. If you meet the entry requirements you should be fine. Once you have offers you can have a look again at the unis to work out where you'll be happiest. Visit the unis if you can as well.

If i miss my offer from ABB and get say ABC.. or bbc? Do u think i'll be allowed in.. i'll also have an AS in physics maybe D or E...
Original post by MKaur18
If i miss my offer from ABB and get say ABC.. or bbc? Do u think i'll be allowed in.. i'll also have an AS in physics maybe D or E...

Very dependant on uni and the rest of your application. Apply where you think you'll meet the entry requirements. There's no point in thinking about the ifs and the buts at this stage as you don't know what's going to happen. Focus on getting the best grades possible.
Reply 4
Very dependant on uni and the rest of your application. Apply where you think you'll meet the entry requirements. There's no point in thinking about the ifs and the buts at this stage as you don't know what's going to happen. Focus on getting the best grades possible.

All of my courses need ABb. i cant find anywhere with lower entry req for dental hyg... 😿😿
Original post by MKaur18
All of my courses need ABb. i cant find anywhere with lower entry req for dental hyg... 😿😿

If you are not predicted the required grades you may need to reconsider your uni/degree choices.
Reply 6
If you are not predicted the required grades you may need to reconsider your uni/degree choices.

My sixth form advise 2 choices being aspirational.. im a bit screwed if all of my courses are ABB

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending