Muffscuit
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi. I am currently doing a two-year Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship which is equivalent to BTEC L3 Extended Diploma. After completing this, would it be harder for me to get into Uni? English/Maths GCSEs are passed.
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Muffscuit)
Hi. I am currently doing a two-year Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship which is equivalent to BTEC L3 Extended Diploma. After completing this, would it be harder for me to get into Uni? English/Maths GCSEs are passed.
Depends on the course and university.

What are you considering studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Muffscuit
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Doonesbury)
Depends on the course and university.

What are you considering studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The course I am doing now is ICT. So I would like to continue going this path and do Computer Science or some other IT-related programme.

I also did full time ICT Extended Diploma L3 in college, it was a 2-year course but I quit it after completing just 1 year and then started the apprenticeship. Obviously got the certificates, so it also gives me some extra UCAS points I guess.
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Muffscuit)
The course I am doing now is ICT. So I would like to continue going this path and do Computer Science or some other IT-related programme.

I also did full time ICT Extended Diploma L3 in college, it was a 2-year course but I quit it after completing just 1 year and then started the apprenticeship. Obviously got the certificates, so it also gives me some extra UCAS points I guess.
So check the entry requirements for some universities for the course you are interested in.

You will probably find that "leading" universities will also require A-level maths for CompSci courses, but "lower" universities, and also those offering IT courses, should be fine with your current qualifications.
dogears
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It depends on what you wnt to do really and check the entry requirements and all of that's stuff and good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (17)
42.5%
No - I have already returned home (6)
15%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (7)
17.5%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (2)
5%
No - I live at home during term anyway (8)
20%

Watched Threads