Which franchise is better and why??
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by TheDuo)
I think they're both amazing, I couldn't really pick a winner out of the two.
YourGoddamnRight
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Impossible to choose, they are equally brilliant imo.
Fullofsurprises
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
In terms of the literary output, there's no contest, (dangerous comments coming up) JK Rowling is derivative, trite and third-rate compared to the mighty JRR Tolkien.

In terms of the movies, I would say the LOTR extended edition movies pretty much nailed the fantasy genre, but the Hobbit films are less convincing than the Potter series.
c_al
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
LOTR is deeper but harry potter is easier to pick up and read and I think it's more enjoyable to read. Parts of the lord of the rings books are just dreadfully dull, the chapters in Rivendell stick in the mind for that reason. There were also parts during the two towers where I felt like I would have had no idea what was going on if I hadn't seen the film. The major battle in the trilogy also felt extremely underwhelming in comparison to the film. The films were better than the harry potter films though. The potter films missed so much content I felt they were almost incoherent and most of them i've not watched more than once.

Harry Potter does have the negative of copying a lot from Lord of the rings though.

Harry=Frodo
Dumbledore=Gandalf
Ron=Sam
Voldemort=Sauron
Wormtail=Wormtongue
Horcruxes=the ring
Furai
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Lord of the Rings.

I just prefer Tolkien over JK Rowling. However I also think they are many logical reasons as to why LOTR is better but I just can't name them all.
username3108158
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by TheDuo)
Hehe I haven't actually read Lord of the rings :hide: only Harry potter...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (191)
43.81%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.24%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (34)
7.8%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (91)
20.87%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (46)
10.55%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.73%

Watched Threads