xfootiecrazeesarax
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I. Trying to.complete my master's course. I have already hady exams moved to mid.august via sac as a first attempt, which gives me just.over six weeks which would be.enough.time.if my head.was.in.the right place. But with depression I am really struggling right.now, and seeing as I've been like this for at least six months, I don't see anything changing the next few weeks.

got any advice how to get through the next six weeks. Or if I didn't could I postpone the masters , but would this incur extra costs ?

This idea frightens me however, because right now I don't think I'll ever be truly better,.and.ill probably just get more frustrated.at myself if I keep delaying it. However my mind is so.messed.up right now.
. I've never had sac before in my life, but life is pretty *****y right now.
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by xfootiecrazeesarax)
I. Trying to.complete my master's course. I have already hady exams moved to mid.august via sac as a first attempt, which gives me just.over six weeks which would be.enough.time.if my head.was.in.the right place. But with depression I am really struggling right.now, and seeing as I've been like this for at least six months, I don't see anything changing the next few weeks.

got any advice how to get through the next six weeks. Or if I didn't could I postpone the masters , but would this incur extra costs ?

This idea frightens me however, because right now I don't think I'll ever be truly better,.and.ill probably just get more frustrated.at myself if I keep delaying it. However my mind is so.messed.up right now.
. I've never had sac before in my life, but life is pretty *****y right now.
It does sound like you're in a bad place right now and I'm sorry about that. The first thing to do is get yourself some help and get better. The masters can come later as you won't achieve much in this state. Talk to your supervisor/tutor and the unis advice and counselling center. They will be able to guide you through the first steps and talk to you about finance and the like. You can then take it from there.
xfootiecrazeesarax
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by alleycat393)
It does sound like you're in a bad place right now and I'm sorry about that. The first thing to do is get yourself some help and get better. The masters can come later as you won't achieve much in this state. Talk to your supervisor/tutor and the unis advice and counselling center. They will be able to guide you through the first steps and talk to you about finance and the like. You can then take it from there.
the thought of suciide is never too far, everytime i think im having a good day something shows up, its too much you're right, im going to have to postpone

im worried ill never be better though by next year
Klix88
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by xfootiecrazeesarax)
the thought of suciide is never too far, everytime i think im having a good day something shows up, its too much you're right, im going to have to postpone

im worried ill never be better though by next year
Don't put that pressure on yourself. You don't have to be well by next year. As I unserstand it, if you can demonstrate to Student Finance that ill-health caused you to drop out, you can get another Postgraduate Loan in the future under their Compelling Personal Reasons guidelines.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (296)
55.95%
I don't have everything I need (233)
44.05%

Watched Threads