The Student Room Group

Messed Up

I currently do Economics, Psychology, Maths and Biology.

We just had our end of year mocks (year 12) and I got this..

Psychology - B
Economics - Probably C/D (dont have results yet)
Biology - U
Maths - (was an AS so results in August but probably U/E)

Bummed about it and don't know what to do, Biology teacher said they may be able to let me continue but I dont really want to do a BTEC express course. Rather do Psych, Bio and Econ then take a gap year after A2 then go UNI. But have i fu#%ed it?
Reply 1
Just explain to them how you feel. They can't force you to take a course that you don't want to.

Last year when I failed History, they wanted me to drop it and continue with my other 3 subjects however I made them aware multiple times that I wanted to continue with history and I also expressed my major dislike towards the alternative.

Don't be rude about it, instead try to get them to understand how you feel. Explain to them what went wrong and how you will make sure you improve. If they still refuse to listen, don't give up. Instead, try to reach a compromise.

A school may not want you to a certain subject as if you fail, their performance as a school will drop. Instead try talking to them and see if they will let you continue if you get a tutor or work extra hours on the subject after school. Make your feelings known and make sure you come across as someone who truly aims to do better and will put in that extra work to get that grade.

Hope this helps.
Reply 2
Original post by Tara_Mc

Hope this helps.

Yes thank you. If I really push it and talk about tutors etc that they may let me continue! Will ask tomorrow lol

Quick Reply

Latest