Reply 140
pkonline
Best European club sides:

1 AC Milan
2 Real Madrid
3 Juventus
4 Bayern Munich
5 ManU

Milan won't win the Champions' League this season.
Reply 141
Top 5 Goalkeepers

1) Iker Casillas
2) Buffon
3) Toldo
4) Canizares
5) Kahn

Top 5 Defenders

1) Nesta
2) Cannavaro
3) Thuram
4) Gallas
5) Maldini

Top 5 Midfielders

1) Zidane
2) Beckham
3) Figo
4) Totti
5) Gattuso

Top 5 Strikers

1) Ronaldo
2) Kluivert
3) Van Nistelrooy
4) Raul
5) Henry
Reply 142
Bigcnee
Five best strikers:

1) Van Nistlerooy
2) Raul
3) Henry
4) Ronaldo
5) Vieri

Five best midfielders:

1) Zidane
2) Viera
3) Gerrard
4) Figo
5) Scholes

Five best defenders:

1) Nesta
2) Campbell
3) Stam
4) Thuram
5) Helguera

Five best keepers:

1) Buffon
2) Kahn
3) Toldo
4) Casillas
5) Canizares

Scholes 5th best midfielder? I don't really think so, especially on international level. I reckon that Keane is better than him.
Reply 143
Xenon
Scholes 5th best midfielder? I don't really think so, especially on international level. I reckon that Keane is better than him.

Keane used to be one of the best in the world, but is not anymore. Since he was out for a long period injured he has not been as good as he once was. But I wouldnt put either in the top 5, maybe top 15 or top 20.
Reply 144
What Arsenal really need is support in the box (someone you can rely on to show up in the box when needed), because sometimes, Henry or Pires or someone goes past the defender, and there's only 1 or 2 people in the box to cross to.
Who remembers Kanu's brilliant 5 minute or so hatrick against Chelsea to level it 3:3? Don't think he has played quite as well since.
Reply 145
Chris_
Keane used to be one of the best in the world, but is not anymore. Since he was out for a long period injured he has not been as good as he once was. But I wouldnt put either in the top 5, maybe top 15 or top 20.

But I wouldn't class Scholes in the top 5.
Xenon
What Arsenal really need is support in the box (someone you can rely on to show up in the box when needed), because sometimes, Henry or Pires or someone goes past the defender, and there's only 1 or 2 people in the box to cross to.
Who remembers Kanu's brilliant 5 minute or so hatrick against Chelsea to level it 3:3? Don't think he has played quite as well since.

For Arsenal, they need to play Freddie on the left, the position he prefers, was so effective at the end of the double season when Pires was injured. Play Wiltord on the right, where he's more effective, then Pires up along, or just behind Henry. The trouble is, Pires wants to play on the left, and Wiltord wants to play upfront.

As for Kanu, he's on 40k a week, and after his hatrick thought 'oh well, I'm great, I don't need to do anything.' Wenger's been trying to offload him for a long time, but noone wants to take him.
Reply 147
@Lord H;

Maybe Shevchenko.

if you think Salas should be in top 5 then where have you been?
Kluivert is nothing special. Examine his record. Del Piero is undoubtedly quality, but doesn't score enough goals.

Nedved is good but doesn't challenge the mighty Zidane (easily the worlds best player) or Scholes (underrated by fans, but very well respected in the game). Gerrard is one of the best all-round midfielders in the world.
Totti is not consistent enough.
Keane is a FORMER giant, and Ortega is well past it.

I take your point on defenders, but they are very hard to judge.

France are the best team in the world, without a doubt. They have quality in every department. A very bad performance at the world cup, but if you look at their current form, they must be favourites for any competition.

Germany - Certainly not!!!
Portugal - Not consistent enough, not enough quality
Argentina - same as Portugal.
Reply 148
Xenon
But I wouldn't class Scholes in the top 5.

Oh believe me he is. He has a great all-round game, and United win more with him in the team (a fact!). Very well-respected in the game.
Reply 149
Maybe Scholes is a typical England player - does it at club level, but never for his country (lately).

Maybe it's the system, maybe manager, maybe they just can''t be bothered, maybe keeping fit for club is too important, maybe 'cos international footy ain't that important anymore.
Reply 150
Bigcnee
@Lord H;

Maybe Shevchenko.

if you think Salas should be in top 5 then where have you been?
Kluivert is nothing special. Examine his record. Del Piero is undoubtedly quality, but doesn't score enough goals.

Nedved is good but doesn't challenge the mighty Zidane (easily the worlds best player) or Scholes (underrated by fans, but very well respected in the game). Gerrard is one of the best all-round midfielders in the world.
Totti is not consistent enough.
Keane is a FORMER giant, and Ortega is well past it.

I take your point on defenders, but they are very hard to judge.

France are the best team in the world, without a doubt. They have quality in every department. A very bad performance at the world cup, but if you look at their current form, they must be favourites for any competition.

Germany - Certainly not!!!
Portugal - Not consistent enough, not enough quality
Argentina - same as Portugal.

I would say Nedved is now better than Zidane, Zidane is no longer the best player in the world, his best days have gone. This is my top 5s:

Goalkeepers:
Oliver Kahn
Gigi Buffon
Francesco Toldo
Iker Casillas
Santiago Canizares

Defenders:
Fabio Cannavaro
Paulo Montero
Alessandro Nesta
Roberto Fabien Ayala
Javir Zanetti

Midfielders:
Pavel Nedved
Patrick Vieira
Zinedine Zidane
Gennaro Ivan Gattuso
David Beckham

Forwards:
Christian Vieri
Andriy Shevchenko
Raúl González
Ronaldo
Pippo Inzaghi
Reply 151
I honestly don't know how you can say Zidane is past it. Watch him play, the next time you get a chance - the man is a magician.
Reply 152
Bigcnee
I honestly don't know how you can say Zidane is past it. Watch him play, the next time you get a chance - the man is a magician.

Zizu rules. I swear some of the stuff he does is amazing. I remember one time he did this brill turn or something (i can't remember exact), and the analysers repeated it again and again.
Reply 153
Zidane is still very good, but Nedved does for Juve now what Zidane used to do, and many Bianconeri fans would argue he does it better, he really is amazing.
Reply 154
Lord Huntroyde
Zidane is still very good, but Nedved does for Juve now what Zidane used to do, and many Bianconeri fans would argue he does it better, he really is amazing.

Nedved is not as naturally talented or as skilful as Zizou.
Reply 155
Bigcnee
Nedved is not as naturally talented or as skilful as Zizou.

He definately is, and he has more pace.
Reply 156
Lord Huntroyde
He definately is, and he has more pace.

More pace, yes.

I don't know how you can honestly say that he is more naturally skilful than the greatest player on the earth. Maybe you haven't seen Zidane play! :tongue:

I know that Nedved is a superb player, but him and Zidane are in different leagues (not literally!!).
Reply 157
Bigcnee
More pace, yes.

I don't know how you can honestly say that he is more naturally skilful than the greatest player on the earth. Maybe you haven't seen Zidane play! :tongue:

I know that Nedved is a superb player, but him and Zidane are in different leagues (not literally!!).

I wouldn't say different leagues, have you ever sen Nedved play?
Reply 158
Zidane honours -

1 World Cup 98
1 Euro Championship 2000
1 World Player of the Year 1998
1 European Player of the Year 1998
2 Serie A Titles
1 Italian Super Cup
1 European Super Cup
1 Intercontinental Cup

Nedved honours -

1 Serie A Title
1 Coppa Italia
1 Cup Winners Cup

and yes, I have seen Nedved play. He is very good, but doesn't compare to the worlds greatest player.
Reply 159
Recent transfer fees;

Zidane - £48m (world record)
Nedved - £26m

Latest

Trending

Trending