Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ha I think that there will be mostly southern accents at Bris. Why are you against your mother tongue?

Im doing law and u?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fraser)
    Ha I think that there will be mostly southern accents at Bris. Why are you against your mother tongue?

Im doing law and u?
    You haven't heard it, have you? Nah, it's not that bad. Not exactly the classiest of accents though. Someone was saying on the UBU board that you go to Bristol and come back with a London accent.

I'm doing Civil Engineering, which'll be a barrel of laughs... Not the best way to meet women either :rolleyes:

So what are you hoping to do at Bristol - you going to play any sports? What music are you into?

ReputationRep:
    Not into sport at all, bit worrying as everything they send us has a mention of sport somewhere! I play the Bagpipes, although wont have them at Bristol to start with - dont worry. Thats a massive part of my life takes up loads of time and travelling. What about u?

ReputationRep:
    Not into sport at all, bit worrying as everything they send us has a mention of sport somewhere! I play the Bagpipes, although wont have them at Bristol to start with - dont worry. Thats a massive part of my life takes up loads of time and travelling. What about u?
    Hehe, as long as you don't practice in your room when you do bring them down I play the piano a bit, although not as much as I used to, but I may use the pratice room. Other than that, hoping to play a bit of squash and badminton, and maybe take up Ultimate Frisbee. Probably go to a few gigs while I'm down there too.

ReputationRep:
    Cool my uncle is the President of the Scottish Badminton Association, he gives me coaching, I enjoy it so we should have a game sometime! Gigs sound cool at Carling Academy. Have u been to bris. a lot? My parents insist on going all the time

ReputationRep:
    Cool my uncle is the President of the Scottish Badminton Association, he gives me coaching, I enjoy it so we should have a game sometime! Gigs sound cool at Carling Academy. Have u been to bris. a lot? My parents insist on going all the time
    Only been a couple of times just to look round. My mum's from Somerset though, and did her teacher training there, so she knows it quite well. I was going to ask if you had Scottish ancestory - seemed a bit obvious being called Fraser and playing the bagpipes

Do you know if there's anywhere at Stoke Bishop where we can play badminton, or do you think we'd have to play the the sports centre in the precinct? Probably more a question for the current students, if you're out there...?

ReputationRep:
    Not sure sorry. Have you ordered any tickets from the union yet? I am ordering the ball one, can u take people outside the uni?

ReputationRep:
    Not sure sorry. Have you ordered any tickets from the union yet? I am ordering the ball one, can u take people outside the uni?
    I'm thinking I'll probably just get them for the ball, although I'm not sure about whether outsiders are allowed in. I'd have thought probably not, because it seemed to imply that there were a limited number of tickets and that it was quite popular. although saying that, I can't imagine they'll check.

ReputationRep:
    I should go now, nice to meet you, see you down there

ReputationRep:
    I should go now, nice to meet you, see you down there
    Ok, see you

ReputationRep:
    Incidentally, what's your room number? Just seeing if we're neighbours

ReputationRep:
    3/113 - if that makes any sense. I rang them ages ago and they told me I am next to a guy who is 6foot 7 tall!

Do you know anyone going to Bristol? I have a few friends at Bath

ReputationRep:
    :eek: I don't think we'll miss him somehow. I'm in [EDIT: probably shouldn't post this on here - I've already got my photo, course and name up ], so can't be that far away. I've got one friend going to Bristol, and he's in Wills. We're going to do our best to avoid each other to start with, so that we make our own friends. Most of the rest of my friends are staying in the North. At least its cheaper up there for them Still yet to find anybody doing my course though...

ReputationRep:
    What exactly is civil engeneering and why the hell did you choose it?

ReputationRep:
    What exactly is civil engeneering and why the hell did you choose it?
    Hehe, I keep asking myself the same question. It's basically the design and science behind building things like bridges, tunnels, dams, roads etc.
    I didn't fancy doing something purely theoretical like Maths and Physics, but I like them, so I thought I'd do something practical with them - Civil Eng.
    Plus, nobody does it, so there's loads of demand for its graduates

ReputationRep:
    sorry to butt in - is your friend in wills doing civil enginering too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by symun)
    sorry to butt in - is your friend in wills doing civil enginering too?
    No, he's doing Physics.

ReputationRep:
    I did not catch you name... As you may have guessed I'm Fraser

ReputationRep:
    Hi Fraser,

I'm in Badock too.

Unit 4 though.

ReputationRep:
    I did not catch you name... As you may have guessed I'm Fraser
    Hehe, it's Graham.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.