Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    by the way, it's your duty as a bristol university student to argue and mock UWE students. there's an ongoing uni war with them which needs to be continued!
    Uh oh - I have a mate at UWE! Does that mean I can't be a true Bristol student? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slowjamz)
    Uh oh - I have a mate at UWE! Does that mean I can't be a true Bristol student? :cool:
    Hehe, it'd be alright if you were a bloke. We all constantly rip the piss out of our mates anyway. It's just gotta be done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpollodiablouk)
    With the timing of it, it looks like we'll probably be eating on Motorway services... I'm sure they'll be down plenty of times when I can get a free meal off them - my mum's quite fond of Bristol; she did her PGCE from here, and is from Somerset. The UBU guide is very good too for restaurant/cafe/pub/club/bar recommendations, I was very impressed with it. I bought the Itchy Bristol guide aswell, which is useful.
    hehe, thanks for the link. UBU guide is brilliant as well, although i don't think it gives "The Wedge" on a friday night at evolution the credit it deserves! hmm.

for info: the wedge is an extremely cheesy club night every friday and wednesday on the waterfront. DJ Wedge (soon to be DJ Wedge PhD) manages to get away with playing EXACTLY the same music every single week, the playlist remains with EXACTLY the same cheese in the same order such as "i am the one and only" and "reach for the stars". you will, however, visit this place more often than you would previously hope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slowjamz)
    i'm sure half the 'students' at UWE polytechnic wouldn't grasp our use of insulting adjectives so you should be alright :cool:

to be fair to them, it's fun to play up to the stereotypes, we're historically meant to think they're thick and they think we're a bunch of posh wa***rs!

ReputationRep:
    they think we're a bunch of posh wa***rs!
    :eek: You mean you're not?

ReputationRep:
    :eek: You mean you're not?
    :eek: bite your tongue!

ReputationRep:
    :eek: bite your tongue!
    Hehe, anyway, I think bed calls. Bye y'all

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, anyway, I think bed calls. Bye y'all
    byee! sweet dreams :rolleyes: :cool:

ReputationRep:
    to be fair to them, it's fun to play up to the stereotypes, we're historically meant to think they're thick and they think we're a bunch of posh wa***rs!
    My brother's at UWE. LOL!

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.