The Student Room Group

ideal first car

im looking to buy a car in a few weeks and have a budget of around 2k for the car and 1.5k for the insurance, ive seen the c1 aygo and 107, does anyone know which out of the three is the best?
Original post by Happisock
im looking to buy a car in a few weeks and have a budget of around 2k for the car and 1.5k for the insurance, ive seen the c1 aygo and 107, does anyone know which out of the three is the best?

Tbh neither.

Go German or Japanese. = reliable.

Saying that my cars Italian so what do I know :lol:
Reply 2

They're all fundamentally the same car with cosmetic differences, so go with whichever looks the best in your eyes.
(edited 6 years ago)
It's the very same car, with same engines, suspensions, platform etc. produced in the same factory in Kolin, by same workers from the same parts.

Pick the one avaible for the lowest price in the best condition.

I always recommend Fiat Panda Mk II (type 169). Slightly better finished, the trunk has more practical cover, the car is very reliable and very cheap to maintain especially with 1.1 or 1.2 liter gasoline engines. Especially those from first years of production, they can go over 300k miles without a failure, and their service is very cheap- simple construction, cheap parts, and mechanics must really do a great deal of effort to mess something up.
lada riva
Original post by crosssafley
lada riva

Actually a decent car in it's times, and certainly very good if you wish to learn how to repair car on a simple example with easy access to all parts.
The only problem with Lada was the fact that some cars had mediocre quality. But bad cars don't survive to next decades.

Believe me, it is possible to use 70ties or even 60ties cars for daily driving (Not only I own the Panda, but also a 70ties car), if you only have access to spare parts and know how to deal with them, as mechanics often know how to deal with current cars only. The Ladas are comfortable, only a bit loud and gas guzzling for modern standards.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending