The Student Room Group

Asking all the guys

I have a question for you:

I'm pretty introverted. I dislike night clubs, drinking, am not promiscuous. My idea of an ideal night would be watching a movie, going for a stroll, reading or going out for a relaxed dinner. I like a good banter, and am not by any means the prettiest girl around. I'm pretty shy in terms of clothing and I like baking. I don't wear any makeup (and never will, god that stuff is itchy) and don't have too bad a sense of humour.

It's pretty much impossible to get a guy to like me, isn't it? Am I too......homely? Boring? I'm just really uncomfortable in social situations like parties and clubs.

The vast majority of guys I've met go for the other kind. The confident and sure kind. I'm not insecure, but I am pretty quiet.

Scroll to see replies

No; you are the ideal one for this person right here :smile:
Don't worry; one day you'll find the right one. Stay happy.
Original post by Anonymous

I'm pretty introverted. I dislike night clubs, drinking, am not promiscuous. My idea of an ideal night would be watching a movie, going for a stroll, reading or going out for a relaxed dinner. I like a good banter, and am not by any means the prettiest girl around. I'm pretty shy in terms of clothing and I like baking. I don't wear any makeup (and never will, god that stuff is itchy) and don't have too bad a sense of humour.

It's pretty much impossible to get a guy to like me, isn't it? Am I too......homely? Boring? I'm just really uncomfortable in social situations like parties and clubs.

The vast majority of guys I've met go for the other kind. The confident and sure kind. I'm not insecure, but I am pretty quiet.

How old are you if you don't mind me asking?
Honestly, I'd ask you out without a second thought.
What do you like to bake?
Reply 5
I think you would be limiting your pool significantly if you can't take part in "age-appropriate" activities.

If you had a more outgoing boyfriend you would have to make an effort to go out more. While he should obviously consider your needs too. That is presumably how relationships work.
(edited 6 years ago)
You clearly are insecure lol.
Reply 7

Same, apart from the baking :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8

You sound fun to be around I would like a girl whos introverted
Reply 9
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994

Man, you must have strong legs from jumping to conclusions.

But to answer OP, there are guys out there who probably feel the same way but just reversed. It might take a while to find the right guy.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by langlitz
How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

I'm going to be 18, and going to Uni, which is why I'm asking. I've heard about fresher's week and all that. A leeetle concerned.
Aww, thanks man. It's nice of you to say so :-)
Original post by Thy Master
What do you like to bake?

Hmm, cakes, cookies, muffins, bread. I'm working on the savoury part, but mainly desserts for now. I like sharing them, so if I did have a boyfriend he'd probably get to eat a lot lol.
Original post by stefano865
I think you would be limiting your pool significantly if you can't take part in "age-appropriate" activities.

If you had a more outgoing boyfriend you would have to make an effort to go out more. While he should obviously consider your needs too. That is presumably how relationships work.

Yeah, i'm sure. My thoughts exactly. I was just wondering if all guys are outgoing. The vast majority I've met seem to be.
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994

That's rich coming from Clay Jensen. You should've asked Hannah out.
Original post by Kyx
Same, apart from the baking :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh thank goodness. Here I was, thinking I was a minority.
Original post by gareths
You sound fun to be around I would like a girl whos introverted

If you like (bad) Kylo Ren imitations and watching Only Fools and Horses, look no further!
Reply 17
Oh thank goodness. Here I was, thinking I was a minority.

:borat:

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you like (bad) Kylo Ren imitations and watching Only Fools and Horses, look no further!

ok - if u wanna become friends u can pm me
Original post by 0zzu
Man, you must have strong legs from jumping to conclusions.

But to answer OP, there are guys out there who probably feel the same way but just reversed. It might take a while to find the right guy.

Yeah. Not many, sadly. I'm not insecure, but I am assumed to be due to my blankly staring, fake laughing and nodding at innuendos which bore me.

Would much rather prefer to have a heated conversation about GoT or Star Wars, tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest