Psychology revision

Watch this thread
Ermidk
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi everyone, I'm having trouble remembering all the content required in psychology. Any revision tips would be great. ☺️ (I'm doing the new AQA spec)
username2488767
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ermidk)
Hi everyone, I'm having trouble remembering all the content required in psychology. Any revision tips would be great. ☺️ (I'm doing the new AQA spec)
Hey My tips would be these:

• Learn research methods! These come up at any point in the exams as well as being its own section on paper 2 (worth 48 marks rather than 24) so make sure you know it! Remember to include maths skills as well. A lot of people - myself included - tripped up at a 4 marker this year which asked us to calculate a % decrease. Teachers neglected to teach us these maths skills as they assume we know them from GCSE maths but we don't...
  • Find out what 3 topics you're doing for paper 3 and start learning them. All of paper 1 and half of paper 2 is just AS but paper 3 is entirely A2 so learning this early lets you get a great head start and it'll feel like less pressure when revising.
  • Keep going over the AS content! Get your head around the key studies and ideas like Asch's variations, Zimbardo, Bowlby's theories, the difference between MSM and WMM, etc. as this will make it much easier when revising at the end of the course. Also, make sure you learn attachment as this is one of the longest units.
  • Learn issues and debates. Some people find them easier than other people but no one really likes them. They also make great evaluation points if you're stuck.
  • Learn the evaluations. Most people find this the most difficult so find a way to remember them. There's only 3 for each one and some topics don't need evaluating so focus on those that do as they can be 16 markers. If in doubt, try these:
    - is there research in support/contradiction?
    - can it relate to an issues & debates argument?
    - is there an issue with research methods (e.g. validity)?
    - is it scientific (objective, measurable, etc.)?
    - is it ethical?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (31)
34.07%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (42)
46.15%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (17)
18.68%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.1%

Watched Threads