Reasons why a scanner will reject an exam paper!

Watch this thread
username3426236
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Literally I am SO stressed. In my history exam there were two boxes ( question 3 and question 4) and you had to put an X in the one you were answering. I changed my mind so many times that both the boxes became extrmemelt unclear so just wrote next to them ' Question 4' - obviously I'm sure the computer won't realise this and it will just presume I haven't answered the question when I did- I wrote 4 pages worth of answer after I crossed out the first few line of question 3 which I didn't answer . I'm honestly so stressed about his AS I emailed edexcel and the woman's response was actually not reassuring. She said she couldn't confirm whether it would be marked and that the paper was likely to be marked ' manually' I have a uni place at a top uni and it would be heartbreaking to know that I didn't et my place just because I didn't make it crystal clear in the box what question I was answering. In my answer I obvs made it clear because in the first sentence, I referred to th question. Please can someone reassure me or tell me the truth that I'm actually doomed for having good life prospects?? This is such a typical thing for me to do. I get so flustered
thelegend99
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
I'm worried I did the same for business- I pretty much did the exact same thing.
username3426236
Rep:
(Original post by thelegend99)
I'm worried I did the same for business- I pretty much did the exact same thing.
Literallt wtf?? It's so easy to do if you can't decide what question you're going to answer initially. So scared
thelegend99
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mojitogirl)
Literallt wtf?? It's so easy to do if you can't decide what question you're going to answer initially. So scared
Yeah I thought one question would be easier, wrote the intro and realised I had nothing else to write lol
trooper8
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Lol.I did this for gcse except i didnt even tick the box and i got an A* in the subject

Basically Im guessing examiners make an effort to find out which question you were trying to answer, should be obvious
username3426236
Rep:
(Original post by Reality Check)
Breathe...

I'm an AQA examiner. If the paper is such a mess that it can't be accurately scanned, it will be marked by hand. I can't tell you whether the answer will receive credit because I don't know how clear the answer/crossings out is but the examiner will do his or her best to decipher what's been written. It certainly won't be just 'ignored'.

Stop panicking.
Thank you! My exam board is Edexcel but I'm sure all the rules apply. My actual written answer isn't a mess at all. It's written neatly, it's just there's two boxes as there's two questions you get to choose from, and I changed my mind so many times. But in my actual answer, I referred to he question within the first sentence and it's all coherent. Obviously I just had a hard time deciding WHICH question to answer...so the computer won't just automatically reject my paper just because for one question it wasn't clear from the box what I was answering? Thank you so much
username1292215
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
They will probably just look at the answer you wrote and figure it out for themselves . Don't worry they understand how important these exams are. Just try to be more careful when selecting questions in the future!
sarah1001
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
Breathe...

I'm an AQA examiner. If the paper is such a mess that it can't be accurately scanned, it will be marked by hand. I can't tell you whether the answer will receive credit because I don't know how clear the answer/crossings out is but the examiner will do his or her best to decipher what's been written. It certainly won't be just 'ignored'.

Stop panicking.
For my aqa business exam, for the multiple choice questions it said to shade the correct answer and cross it if you change your mind, i didnt read it and I crossed all of my correct answers, will this still get marked??

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (263)
42.49%
The paper was reasonable (257)
41.52%
Not feeling great about that exam... (54)
8.72%
It was TERRIBLE (45)
7.27%

Watched Threads