MessedUpOoops
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Just received some AS mock grades. Disaster.

I got a C in Psychology, D in Economics and a U in Biology. However, I was 2 marks off an E which I may be able to pick up when we go over it in class soon. I also did Maths AS but will get them results in August. I felt bad about it though and feel like I got an E/U. I really don't want to resit the year because I honestly can't do college for another 2 years, it's just too depressing. I feel like I will try super hard next year and just try to smash it and do the best I can. I'd be pretty happy with a BBC and feel like I could get that if I tried super hard.

Do you think they'll let me continue onto A2 and will predicted grades end my chances of entering any decent unis? I really did mess up this year and underestimated how important this year was.

Should I continue with Biology or Maths (hoping one will be an E or higher)

Feel so depressed right now and just hoping they allow me to continue onto A2
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MessedUpOoops)

I got a C in Psychology, D in Economics and a U in Biology. However, I was 2 marks off an E which I may be able to pick up when we go over it in class soon. I also did Maths AS but will get them results in August. I felt bad about it though and feel like I got an E/U. I really don't want to resit the year because I honestly can't do college for another 2 years, it's just too depressing. I feel like I will try super hard next year and just try to smash it and do the best I can. I'd be pretty happy with a BBC and feel like I could get that if I tried super hard.

Do you think they'll let me continue onto A2 and will predicted grades end my chances of entering any decent unis? I really did mess up this year and underestimated how important this year was.

1. Whether your college let you stay on depends on their policy and your results. You should know their policy so you will just have to wait for the results.

2. There are worse things in life than retaking a year.

3. Will they let you stay no idea, but it wouldnt look bright if they have a cull. maybe talent shown already will help them believe n your potential.

4. If your predicted grades are low then it deceases your chance of offers, in which case wait tiill you have results and use clearing or the following year.

5. Continue with Biology and Maths if you enjoy them and believe you can get a high grade, especially Maths.
Cecelia Tallice
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MessedUpOoops)

Heyy, firstly don't get really stressed out what's done is done and you just need to be as positive as you can about the situation. Mocks are not always a true reflection of your final grade and you still have time before the real things. I understand it's not ideal but it really isn't the end of the world
So it's likely that you will definitely be allowed to continue with psychology and economics.
It is unlikely that they will allow you to continue with biology if that is a reflection of your final AS grade. I'm afraid that it only gets harder at A2. But whether you are allowed to continue with the subjects does largely depend on the grades you were predicted. If you were predicted much higher in biology and economics and your low grades were unexpected. They may be more lenient in allowing you to continue.
Of course retaking this year is always an option. Possibly even considering taking an easier subject? Or different one. There is no shame in it ,you just have to think about how it will benefit your future. Afterall it's only one year. At least the AS grades are no longer 50% of the overall grade.
I wish you the best of luck with your maths result!
Even if you continued psychology and economics onto A2 you could still retake or pick up another AS at the same time next year.
Now that I'm at university I have basically learnt that at school it's just important to leave with as many UCAS points as possible. Or at least enough to do the course you want to do! So it might be worth considering the points required for what you want to study and evaluating if you need to retake the year. In regards to decent universities; there are lots of universities you are not going to be Oxford/Cambridge material. But you will be able to find a realistic course that's right for you at less prestigious universities that are still highly ranked. But at the end of the day a degree is a degree as long as you are studying what you want to do. The location of the university does not weigh heavily on getting jobs in the future. Most importantly work hard next year whatever you decide to do. It is never too late to turn the situation around Please don't worry everything always works out for the best in the end. I know that better than most.
MessedUpOoops
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Cecelia Tallice)
Please don't worry everything always works out for the best in the end. I know that better than most.
Yeah thats true, thank you Just a little bummed out knowing that I could have done so much better and now feel like I've underachieved. However, I did get an E in the Biology test lol after picking up a few marks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (11)
21.15%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
7.69%
No I am happy with my choice (34)
65.38%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
5.77%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed