The Student Room Group

Which top ranked UK law schools can I get into with 32 IB core?

Hi!

I got a 32 as my final in IB and it's not the best, I know that. I had a very difficult time achieving those grades because of an illness that I had.

Not my question is which BEST universities can I get into with such a low score? I really want to study law but the good universities usually ask for a lot more than 32 points...

I would like to study in London, but it's not a must. I'm also applying through clearing in a month or so!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by babyelf13
Hi!

I got a 32 as my final in IB and it's not the best, I know that. I had a very difficult time achieving those grades because of an illness that I had.

Not my question is which BEST universities can I get into with such a low score? I really want to study law but the good universities usually ask for a lot more than 32 points...

I would like to study in London, but it's not a must. I'm also applying through clearing in a month or so!

Are you getting the 3 additional points from TOK and EE? The UK takes all points into consideration, not just core. 35 would be much more realistic to get onto a good law degree.
Hi!

I'm afraid you'll be hard-pressed to find a uni that would offer you a spot with 32 (a lot of them expect at least 34-36 points). What I do suggest though is to provide some evidence regarding your illness so that you can apply under extenuating circumstances. If it is significant enough, I'm sure they'll be able to accommodate you on that basis and provide you some kind of lower offer.

Through clearing, I think you'll have a much better chance of getting into law at a fairly good uni (with the likes of Kent, Leicester, Southampton, Royal Holloway, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham, etc).
Reply 4
Hi!

Hey! You can actually apply to City University, it's located in London, near St Paul's Cathedral, it requires 29 IB scores minimum. Although it's not one of the best (by best I mean law schools in places like Oxbridge), it's very well-known for its GDL course program :smile: I've been told that no matter what uni you go for undergrad level does not really matter, the most important thing for you is to work as hard as you can in law school and try to get a better grade, so there will be chance for you to get into a Leading university later on if you wanna pursuit further studies of law in a Master degree! To be completely honest, chambers and companies look more at your grade on the paper and your qualification, not which uni you went !! By the way, I'm also really interested in applying to the law in London. :smile: Good luck!! Best wishes.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest