?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
My mum hits me and I am not happy at home I rather live with my dad
saharan_skies
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm sorry that this is happening to you; your mother has failed her role as a parental figure and that must be devastating to deal with. I've dealt with abuse like that myself and so I can imagine the hurt that you're going through. I would definitely recommend telling your school or a trusted adult(perhaps your dad?) to help you get out of your situation, and change it too.

If you want to talk or anything at all; my PM is open
username2864374
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
How old are you? Do you have any siblings in the situation with you? Tell your dad what's going on! If possible move in with him or another friend/relative. You shouldn't have to put up with someone who hits you no matter what she's struggling with. It will only leave you scarred in the long term. You need to get out of the situation as soon as possible.
If you're under 19 call childline (08001111) or use their online instant messenger.

Keep your chin up, try to be brave. It's going to be okay.
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 15LackJe)
My mum hits me and I am not happy at home I rather live with my dad
Your mum should not be hitting you for any reason. That's abuse and if you're under 18 you can report it and should be taken from her care (hopefully into your dads).

I can understand why you may not want to report it, so you might like to try talking to your dad about it first and see if there is anything you can sort out. Maybe you could arrange with your dad and basically tell he you will report her if she doesn't let you go live with him.
If it's a divorce situation and your mum has legal custody though you may have to report it so custody can be changed.

If you have siblings I suggest you report it or makes sure that you are all taken away from your mum to make sure they are also safe. Even if she doesn't hurt them at the moment that may change.

To report it you can call 101 (non urgent police number) or talk to your school, doctor or dad so they can help you. You can see a doctor without your mum.
You can also google it and visit sites like Childline for advice. Here's a link that may help https://www.childline.org.uk/info-ad.../abuse-safety/

Please feel free to go into more detail, ask questions etc. If we know a bit more detail we may be able to give you some better advice.
This is not something you should be going through at all and certainly isn't something you need to go through alone. :hugs::hug:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (588)
33.91%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (720)
41.52%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (347)
20.01%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise