Ofsted inspector pelted by food...worst behaviour stories!!

Watch
summer1311
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
In the wake of this BBC report about behaviour at a West Midlands academy, I want to know some of the examples of bad behaviour you've experienced or heard about at schools!

"Inspectors pelted with food, sixth formers intimidated by younger pupils and almost a third of children regularly absent... a near full-scale riot one day when pupils tried to force their way in. This meant staff spending their lunch break attempting to prevent doors being shoved open - and being physically pushed.
Windows were smashed and the fire alarm pulled. A colleague was injured on her shoulder in this event..."

Whether from a teacher or a friend, first hand or on the grapevine, what stories do you have to share of bad behaviour!
They're likely not on the level of the academy above, but I want to hear them and why you think they happened.
What recommendations do you have for how this behaviour could be tackled?
If you've never experience terrible behaviour at school, what was it that made the students want to behave well?
S.G.
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Pupils who disrupt others education have no right to an education.

They have to be told straight that if they don't work hard how they'll end up on minimum wage if that.
AmeliaLost
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm not sure if this is hilarious, sad, or a little bit of both.

I think people respond like this because of a respect deficit on both sides: The kids aren't respected, encouraged or supported by authority figures, both active in their lives and in society generally, so why on earth would the kids respect said figures? Unless you've been the underdog in society I think it's difficult to appreciate what a number it does on you and your self esteem. Viewed in this context, of course when faced with no other option many kids will start becoming violent or disruptive to assert themselves.

I've been in classes where substitute teachers have left the room crying because they had no idea how to control the class. Nothing violent, just being loud, playing on phones, wandering around the class etc etc... We had 10 different chemistry teachers in one term, which was pretty impressive.

Some of our other subject classes were consistently placid and productive though, just because the teacher came down to our level...
Toasticide
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Not as bad as above by miles but the lower end of my school scream at the tops of their lungs all the time to look cool . I think they should just be exterminated XD
Only time they arent screaming theyre playing the latest rap about sex with prostitutes at top volume.

Every (and i mean literally every one) science lesson ive had this year the longest its been into the lesson before a student gets sent in is literally 5 minutes. It's random people too, not the same few! And by the end of the lesson there are more younger students in teh damn class than flippin A level students!!!

I don't know how to deal with this type without coming with something extreme like "warning then execution" :P
mashbbk
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SGHD26716)
Pupils who disrupt others education have no right to an education.

They have to be told straight that if they don't work hard how they'll end up on minimum wage if that.
Leads to more issues socially. We need to tackle the lack of education or miseducation which has resulted in them becoming a menace!
jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
My French class (not me particularly) caused an Australian girl to cry and I think leave teaching in the space of 1 hour why would you give an nqt the most challenging French class in the school for her first job I can't say.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (370)
56.32%
I don't have everything I need (287)
43.68%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed