The Student Room Group

Full maintenance loan

Hi, I was wondering if by ticking the box to apply for the higher amount of maintenance loan (£5,620) instead of the usual amount (£3,653) will this affect the amount of maintenance grant I receive, if any at all?
Original post by muddie999
Hi, I was wondering if by ticking the box to apply for the higher amount of maintenance loan (£5,620) instead of the usual amount (£3,653) will this affect the amount of maintenance grant I receive, if any at all?

Hi Muddie999,

We no longer offer Maintenance Grants if you started your course after 1st September 2016. Instead if you are under 25 years of age we assess you on household income and award you maximum Maintenance Loan.
Thanks
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi Muddie999,

We no longer offer Maintenance Grants if you started your course after 1st September 2016. Instead if you are under 25 years of age we assess you on household income and award you maximum Maintenance Loan.
Thanks

I am a continuing student as I started my course 2 years ago so I believe I still have the option of receiving both.
Reply 3
So if I select the higher amount of maintenance loan it does not give me an option to select receiving maintenance grants. I presume I will not receive the grant then? Or does it get calculated against household income and I get both?
Original post by muddie999
So if I select the higher amount of maintenance loan it does not give me an option to select receiving maintenance grants. I presume I will not receive the grant then? Or does it get calculated against household income and I get both?

Hi Muddie999,

If you were eligible for the grant we would assess you for this if you asked to be based on household income. You would also be assessed for the maximum Maintenance Loan.

We suggest you call us so we can check what you have selected and if anything is required on 0300 100 0607

Thanks Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending