Ideas for EPQ on psychology mental health/gender

Watch
Jessieannxx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I know i want to do my extended project qualification somewhere in the area of psychology and mental health, however im not quite sure how to chose an area which is open enough that ill be able to access research for it, but not too general either.
i was going to do something like investigating how societies approach to gender has an impact on adolescents (or on trans adolescents) but im not sure?
could someone help please?
br0oke_xx
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I've just completed my EPQ and I'm predicted an A, so i you need any advice or help at all, please drop me a message!

Here are some idea titles for you (don't forget, the best titles are an open title, then a more specific question):

- "Mental Health in Youths: Why is mental health more prevalent in the 21st century than ever before?"
- "Transgender teens: Is society's approach to gender impacting young people?"
- "The media and mental health: IS the glorification of mental health and gender issues in the media affecting young people?"
OxFossil
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jessieannxx)
I know i want to do my extended project qualification somewhere in the area of psychology and mental health, however im not quite sure how to chose an area which is open enough that ill be able to access research for it, but not too general either.
i was going to do something like investigating how societies approach to gender has an impact on adolescents (or on trans adolescents) but im not sure?
could someone help please?
As you say, it's quite tricky to find a topic of the appropriate breath. "How society's approach gender has an impact on adolescents" is very broad indeed; you'd quickly be drowned in too much material and a million possible directions.

Depending on your interest, how about narrowing it down to something like "Are genedered toys affecting the psychological development of children?" Here's an article that might give you some ideas. Another option might be to consider whether mental health services are biased towards a particular gender/gender norms. Another article.
shakira12345
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I need help
shakira12345
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by br0oke_xx)
I've just completed my EPQ and I'm predicted an A, so i you need any advice or help at all, please drop me a message!

Here are some idea titles for you (don't forget, the best titles are an open title, then a more specific question):

- "Mental Health in Youths: Why is mental health more prevalent in the 21st century than ever before?"
- "Transgender teens: Is society's approach to gender impacting young people?"
- "The media and mental health: IS the glorification of mental health and gender issues in the media affecting young people?"
please can you help me
finn05
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
can i have some help on this please?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (84)
14.12%
I'm not sure (26)
4.37%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (189)
31.76%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.02%
I'm not a current university student (284)
47.73%

Watched Threads