The Student Room Group

i need 7 tooth fillings and i'm only 19yo

today i went to the dentist for a small cavity (first time getting a filling) but after inspection the dentist told me that i actually need 7 minor fillings not just 1 ( 4 on all of my first molars and 3 between my canine teeth ). and i was very shocked non of them hurt and barely visible my question is what is the future of these teeth and how long will they survive before needing an extraction and how many times can a filling be redone to the same tooth if its falls off. i know im getting way ahead of myself but i'm really fell like s**t about myself :frown::frown:
(edited 6 years ago)
You could get a second opinion? I've had my filling 11 years no problems.
holla me in 3 years time kid, i'll sort you out for free

(till then you gotta lose an extra 5 teeth)
Original post by mercuryman
holla me in 3 years time kid, i'll sort you out for free

(till then you gotta lose an extra 5 teeth)

im not after them money but im after my own teeth im afraid that they wont last my whole life time :frown:
I have had lots of dental work, a total of 9 fillings I think, which was mainly due to the fact for a few years I was bulimic and binge ate all the time. Hopefully if we look after them in the future they will last
Original post by Anonymous
I have had lots of dental work, a total of 9 fillings I think, which was mainly due to the fact for a few years I was bulimic and binge ate all the time. Hopefully if we look after them in the future they will last

just curious how old are you?
Original post by mark1991
today i went to the dentist for a small cavity (first time getting a filling) but after inspection the dentist told me that i actually need 7 minor fillings not just 1 ( 4 on all of my first molars and 3 between my canine teeth ). and i was very shocked non of them hurt and barely visible my question is what is the future of these teeth and how long will they survive before needing an extraction and how many times can a filling be redone to the same tooth if its falls off. i know im getting way ahead of myself but i'm really fell like s**t about myself :frown::frown:

Don't worry about it too much for now. It's happened, you can't reverse it, so just deal with it and move on. The dentist will look after you and be able to answer your questions. Think more about why it happened so that you can prevent it from happening again in the future
Reply 7
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Don't worry about it too much for now. It's happened, you can't reverse it, so just deal with it and move on. The dentist will look after you and be able to answer your questions. Think more about why it happened so that you can prevent it from happening again in the future
my greatest fear is that my teeth wont hold up for my life time or i will lose too many of them very quickly i'll need something like a denture ( i know i might be overreacting a bit)

Quick Reply

Latest