Do you think the world can cope with 10 billion people?

Watch
MajorFader
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
As world population is expected to increase over the next few years, do we have enough resources to sustain this?
Toasticide
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Depends how long we're talking, considering that it's constantly growing then it wont be too long before we start running out of essentials and we have to restrict ourselves. Fuel will begin to become a luxury then illegal to use unless its in industry, then i have no idea
MajorFader
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Toasticide)
Depends how long we're talking, considering that it's constantly growing then it wont be too long before we start running out of essentials and we have to restrict ourselves. Fuel will begin to become a luxury then illegal to use unless its in industry, then i have no idea
Yeah. I mean for the long term. (Your probably going to ask how long is long term?)
Toasticide
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by MajorFader)
Yeah. I mean for the long term. (Your probably going to ask how long is long term?)
I assume by long term you mean until the Sun goes out and we all go out of orbit and freeze to death :P

Without some extreme decisions i don't think so. To power stuff with simply burning wood to power generators you need a lot of space which i dont think we have for trees. Instead the space is used for houses and farms.

We would have to do something like Japan and restrict the amount of children u can have. What would be slightly (not too much for obvs reasons) funny is if the government dont tell us about the cure to some major virus, gets half the population killed then cures everyone
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (127)
24.1%
Better than expected (114)
21.63%
Worse than expected (286)
54.27%

Watched Threads