The Student Room Group

Why do girls always pout in their photos?

I don't get why so many girls pout (duck faces) in their photos, it's been mainstream since like post 2011/2012. You could strike me down and call me sexist but I personally think it's slutty and seductive. Most of them I've seen look so much better when they smile

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jamierobinson94
I don't get why so many girls pout (duck faces) in their photos, it's been mainstream since like post 2011/2012. You could strike me down and call me sexist but I personally think it's slutty and seductive. Most of them I've seen look so much better when they smile

They think it shows an accurate representation of when they're giving a guy oral sex, so guys will find them more attractive in pictures. They just look like morons, I don't need to take pictures like that to give guys oral sex.
(edited 6 years ago)

I thought it was to make the cheeks look more "sucked in" and to give the illusion of big lips by sticking them out. Celebrities such as Nicki Minaj do it all the time, and obviously, people get "inspired" and think it looks good, so they do it themselves. When my friends and I do it in pictures, we do it for the bants, not because we think it looks good.

I never got why they call it duck faces. Ducks don't even have lips lol
Sexy fish. This is pretty dated, I didn't think anyone did this anymore? It was just a cute-ish silly face anyway, shows your lips and bone structure off too.

I don't think it looks slutty or seductive, it looks absolutely stupid IMO, a nice smile on the other hand will definitely get a like from me.
a pretty lady smiling is just wonderful:

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/640x360/p04qty0y.jpg
Reply 7
Because they want to resemble a duck or a fish.
They still do it in 2017 mate
I don't pout in pictures. I always smile :smile: or show my teeth and smile lool with the occasional peace gesture.

Because...... we can do what we want?
Maybe, if you let us- without judging please.
Original post by the bear
a pretty lady smiling is just wonderful:

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/640x360/p04qty0y.jpg

She is smeksy.
@SmokingChains
Reply 12
Not all do! I guess it's their way of smiling.
Because i can

Let a girl live her life:tongue:
Original post by TrapQueen
Because...... we can do what we want?
Maybe, if you let us- without judging please.

There arrives the feminist.
You mean, like The Donald when he squints to convince people he looks like Churchill?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending