MSc International Business, multiple offers

Watch
Rex-rex
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I've posted to this forum before and gotten some helpful responses. I applied to PG courses related to International business since I want to change careers from health care. I was advised to apply to several courses since they can be quite competitive. I guess I wasn't as prepared as I thought. I made a list of my favourite courses (thinking about modules, location and tuition fees) and now I can't make up my mind. I visited a few campuses and it changed my view a bit.

At first I was thinking that London in a must but then I looked at my income while studying and I changed my mind 😁 . Also the offer acceptance deadline is coming to an end this week but I haven't heard back from several schools. So I don't know. I would be relocating to UK again so that's why I would like the location to be nice as well.

I've gotten unconditional offers from
University of Hertfordshire
Anglia Ruskin University
Canterbury Christmas Church University

Conditional offer
DeMontforth University

Haven't heard back from
Brunel University
Ulster University London

So I visited Hertfordshire which was one of my top choices but honestly the location of Hatfield turned me off. The campus was OK but not amazing. I also visited DMU on Leicester. While I wasn't into it at first this campus seemed really cool and while Leicester was not necessarily the awesomest place but I liked the towns within 10 minute train ride. I have visited Canterbury and Cambridge before but not the campus but the towns were nice enough.

I also really like the course in ulster and Brunel. Unfortunately I haven't heard back yet or gotten to visit the campus.

So I know that no one can tell me what to do but I would like to take some pointers on how to decide or if I should wait. Or if you have experiences of these schools. Looking for good atmosphere, good courses, mix of students since I'm 27, nice location, activities
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Rex-rex)
You've already worked out what is important to you and info about all of it can be found online. Which uni has the deadline and is it one you're seriously considering? Do you need to put down a deposit to secure your place? If not you can say yes and always say no later. You can ask them to extend the deadline but they may not be happy to do so.
Rex-rex
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Yeah, I'm working on my pro/con list based on online information. The all the web pages are not the greatest for information about 'atmos' and naturally every university says they are the best so I was just thinking if people here would have some knowledge and tips. But thank you for your response

There was a 14 day cancellation period but I need to read the fine print carefully. I asked for extension for the acceptance period due to needing to speak with HR at work that is closed this week. Hope I get my extension. If not then I'll figure something out
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (25)
15.82%
No one else does (54)
34.18%
I'm embarrassed about my background (17)
10.76%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (53)
33.54%
We don't use a video platform (2)
1.27%
I don't have a camera (2)
1.27%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.16%

Watched Threads