The Student Room Group

Grenfell Tower death toll will not be released until next year

Yep. Did a D notice get issued anyone know?
The problem is though...it's impossible to know an accurate number =(
Original post by Rover73
Yep. Did a D notice get issued anyone know?

Why does it matter? Why do you think they would feel the need to issue a D notice. It certainly hasnt stopped coverage.

Its a difficult job trying to identify who was in which flat and trying to recover bodies that may have been incinerated. They are working off 80 they know of being there.
The problem is by the time they give us the real figures of who died, most of the public would've moved on. Plus, what regulations are going to be put into place so things like the Grenfell fire won't happen again, will we have to wait until next year before the government takes action?
This is so depressing. After reading that article about the kids choosing to burn to ashes with their parents, I couldn't take it.
Reply 6

I think this is fair enough. I think a list of those who've died should have their names published so people can question why someone who's missing isn't on the list just to be sure that mistake isn't made.

It's sad to think, there's pretty much no way of recovering and identifying these bodies since they'll ashes. And I'm sure with the wind it's all long gone. It's sad knowing families won't even get to have proper funerals for their loved ones because there's no body and It's just awful to think people burnt alive, suffocated in fumss or had to jump out the building, can't even begin to imagine what I'd do.

They are light on names because a name can be investigated. In any case, all it takes to fool people is a collage of photos collected from all sorts of places. In the Manchester bombing hoax, a mother was horrified to find a photograph of her murdered daughter appear in a collage of photos of those missing after the Manchester Arena attack.

Google: Manchester Attack: 2013 murder victim amongst fake missing
Original post by mercuryman
This is so depressing. After reading that article about the kids choosing to burn to ashes with their parents, I couldn't take it.

I have some good news for you. The fire was staged. There probably were no victims, otherwise they could not have got all the crisis actors to participate so readily. For an example of a Grenfell Tower crisis actor, check out Youtube: Grenfell Tower crisis actor laughs.
The crisis actor is apparently reading off a script and laughs at the end.
Original post by Yeah, right
I have some good news for you. The fire was staged. There probably were no victims, otherwise they could not have got all the crisis actors to participate so readily. For an example of a Grenfell Tower crisis actor, check out Youtube: Grenfell Tower crisis actor laughs.
The crisis actor is apparently reading off a script and laughs at the end.

please, no more. victims who survived deserve better than being told the destruction of their lives was some kind of staged act. have some respect man.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Mathemagicien
I was wondering why we haven't had emotional articles about the survivors. Guess that's because there aren't many of them.

Well, obviously, far more are likely to have survived than died, given the dead are concentrated in the topmost flats in general and many floors suffered no fatalities.

BUT the police have contacted people from (IIRC) 106 flats and got names of dead, missing and surviving people. On the the other flats they have drawn a blank.

This is because either all the people in them died or because they are hiding illegal occupants, or both. There is also the possibility of visitors having died there.

Since it will take a huge amount of time to sift the debris and attempt to find what little remains of the bodies it will easily take until next year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending