The Student Room Group

My NCS experience 2017

I'm in wave 1 , currently doing Nuneaton NCS - from today I've just finished Phase 1- Outdoor activities .
My wave gathered at 10 o clock in a sports centre but we departures at 1 pm , during that time we were asssigned our groups and played games together . I found it fun as we got to learn each other's name . We went by coach to N. Yorkshire and arrived to a place called Cote Myll Gill , it was quite pretty and spacious , I shared the room with the girls in my group plus another one from another group who wanted to sleep with us as she felt she did not get on with her roommates.
Day 2- Activities were fun , it was the time in which you got to interact with people the most and so I recommend get out of your comfort zone and show your personality , and try not to stick with your friends ( something I regret not doing so it makes interactions 10x harder for someone shy) . You will get very physical and probably have lots of fun
Day3 - I specifically done hikingand camping outdoors ( activities in your wave will differ from mine ) , people knew each other by now , lots of laughter . I particularly hated that day as I started getting*homesick* and I had to push my physical stamina to the maximum , but looking at the bright side I've done many things I've never done before and they were fun . My interaction with people deacreawd as groups started to encapsulate themselves with their respective friends ( not a problem , doesn't mean you can't make friends ) , my tip is be yourself and talk during wavetimes ( when the whole of your wave participate in an activities at around 8-9 o clock and give out TRUE awards ) and group time ( when your group reffects on what they did during the day and do activities ) . you'll meet different people who like the things you like , something I didn't enforce as I met a girl who literally had the same interest as me but decided not to talk further due to my shyness and so I stayed with my group of friends . Don't do that , Make NCS seem like the time where you unleash your inner confident YOU , if in any way you mess up , think that half the people you will meet will not be relevant after NCS ( unless they are friends) , .
Day 4- was water sports in my wave , it was a rubbish game but my team made it so fun as we messed up the game , we also followed by doing other activities like climbing .
Day - 5 is the time to get home , I was just exhausted and dead after the physical activities , looking back I enjoyed it a lot and learned new things . 2 days left till I start Week 2 in a uni accommodation .

Ignore any spelling / grammar mistake , I'm typing using my phone who likes to autocorrect a lot
Reply 1
I'm starting my NCS next week and this made me a lot less anxious so thank you. It especially helped because you mentioned Cote Gyll Mill which is where I'm going to be staying. Sounds like lots of fun and I can't wait !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending