What should I do? Watch

Wannasucceed
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I was diagnosed at 20 with schizophrenia. Current diagnosis is autism, social phobia, psychotic symptoms (delusions of reference) and depression.

I'm 25. Just been moved out of mum and dad's to a flat across town in my hometown. Getting better at cleaning it but struggle a bit to look after it. Get support for 2 hours a week for this and try to do it for myself.

Go swimming most days about 60 lengths of 25m pool.

I take 200mg quetiapine and 50mg sertraline daily.

Don't know what to do anymore.

Unemployed right now but receive full rate PIP. No ESA as I'm over the threshold for money right now (but not much over). Trying to do more and get better.

I read a fair bit and am a good guitarist. I play piano a bit and am trying to keep busy in my own way.

What should I do?

No one is pressuring me to work right now.
Tubbz
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Wannasucceed)
I was diagnosed at 20 with schizophrenia. Current diagnosis is autism, social phobia, psychotic symptoms (delusions of reference) and depression.

I'm 25. Just been moved out of mum and dad's to a flat across town in my hometown. Getting better at cleaning it but struggle a bit to look after it. Get support for 2 hours a week for this and try to do it for myself.

Go swimming most days about 60 lengths of 25m pool.

I take 200mg quetiapine and 50mg sertraline daily.

Don't know what to do anymore.

Unemployed right now but receive full rate PIP. No ESA as I'm over the threshold for money right now (but not much over). Trying to do more and get better.

I read a fair bit and am a good guitarist. I play piano a bit and am trying to keep busy in my own way.

What should I do?

No one is pressuring me to work right now.

You're in an unusual position where you can write your own ticket.

You're in a comfortable place, with time on your hands to develop talents or skills, do some more learning and work out what you want to do.

That would be my advice, is spend a few days really working out what you want to do long term, and try and get a plan of action in place on how to achieve those goals.

Life's a lot better when you've got something to work towards.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (164)
18.55%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (88)
9.95%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (147)
16.63%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (127)
14.37%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (85)
9.62%
How can I be the best version of myself? (273)
30.88%

Watched Threads