New on Netflix! Watch

chelseadagg3r
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
If you're like me and would happily spend your time inside binge watching Netflix content then this is the round-up for you.

With each coming month I will update this thread with my favourite upcoming releases, including a date and summary for each. Click on the links below to jump to the month you're interested in!

Happy binge watching!

July 2017
August 2017

<<< Back to Summer '17 :flower2:
chelseadagg3r
Rep:
?

July 2017

1st July
Freddy vs Jason [Film, Horror]
Spoiler:
Show

Freddy Krueger and Jason Voorhees return to terrorise the teenage population. Except this time, they're out to get each other, too.

Keep Quiet [Documentary]
Spoiler:
Show

An anti-Semitic far-right politician's astonishing transformation after finding out he is Jewish.

2nd July
Orphan Black, Season 5 Episode 4 (episode released weekly) [Netflix Original, TV Series, Action/Drama/Sci-Fi]
Spoiler:
Show

A streetwise hustler is pulled into a compelling conspiracy after witnessing the suicide of a girl who looks just like her.

6th July
The Breakfast Club [Film, Comedy/Drama]
Spoiler:
Show

Five high school students meet in Saturday detention and discover how they have a lot more in common than they thought.

7th July
Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation [Film, Action/Adventure/Thriller]
Spoiler:
Show

Ethan and team take on their most impossible mission yet, eradicating the Syndicate - an International rogue organisation as highly skilled as they are, committed to destroying the IMF.

12th July
The Box [Film, Drama/Mystery/Fantasy]
Spoiler:
Show

A small wooden box arrives on the doorstep of a married couple, who know that opening it will grant them a million dollars and kill someone they don't know.

14th July
To The Bone [Netflix Original, Film, Comedy/Drama]
Spoiler:
Show

A young woman is dealing with anorexia. She meets an unconventional doctor who challenges her to face her condition and embrace life.

15th July
Gavin and Stacey: Season 3 [TV Series, Comedy/Romance]
Spoiler:
Show

Gavin and Stacey have been continuing their romance on-line and by telephone for the last six months. Now they want to be together but will their friends and family let them?

The Illusionist [Film, Drama/Mystery/Romance]
Spoiler:
Show

In turn-of-the-century Vienna, a magician uses his abilities to secure the love of a woman far above his social standing.

Lolita [Film, Drama/Romance]
Spoiler:
Show

A man marries his landlady so he can take advantage of her daughter.

17th July
Zoo: Season 2 [TV Series, Drama/Sci-Fi/Thriller]
Spoiler:
Show

A young scientist searches to find out what's causing a rash of violent animal attacks.

18th July
Suits: Season 6 [TV Series, Comedy/Drama]
Spoiler:
Show

On the run from a drug deal gone bad, Mike Ross, a brilliant college-dropout, finds himself a job working with Harvey Specter, one of New York City's best lawyers.

19th July
Rent [Film, Drama/Musical/Romance]
Spoiler:
Show

This is the film version of the Pulitzer and Tony Award winning musical about Bohemians in the East Village of New York City struggling with life, love and AIDS, and the impacts they have on America.

20th July
Handsome Devil [Film, Drama]
Spoiler:
Show

Ned and Conor are forced to share a bedroom at their boarding school. The loner and the star athlete at this rugby-mad school form an unlikely friendship until it's tested by the authorities.

26th July
13 Going On 30 [Film, Comedy/Fantasy/Romance]
Spoiler:
Show

A girl makes a wish on her 13th birthday and wakes up the next day as a 30-year-old woman.

29th July
It Follows [Film, Horror/Mystery]
Spoiler:
Show

A young woman is followed by an unknown supernatural force after a sexual encounter.

Dear Frankie [Film, Drama/Romance]
Spoiler:
Show

After having responded to her son's numerous letters in the guise of his father, a woman hires a stranger to pose as his dad when meeting him.
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by chelseadagg3r)
29th July
It Follows [Film, Horror/Mystery]
Spoiler:
Show

A young woman is followed by an unknown supernatural force after a sexual encounter.

Excited to give this another watch :yep:
thedevotchka
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ooh I didn't realise To The Bone was coming out so soon. I'm looking forward to that one.
chelseadagg3r
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gofre)
Excited to give this another watch :yep:
Excited to watch it for the first time :awesome:

(Original post by thedevotchka)
Ooh I didn't realise To The Bone was coming out so soon. I'm looking forward to that one.
Same here. Quite a good month for releases!
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Excited to watch it for the first time :awesome:
As someone who's not normally all that into horror movies, I was really surprised with how much I enjoyed this one. Although I am a sucker for the recent 80s-throwback trend from the last few years!
discobish
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This is amazzzzeeee :ahee: The Box sounds well exciting
Reformed2010
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you're new at Netflix, I can help with some chilling? :getmecoat: ... but thanks for reminding me to finally start binge watching Suits!
asif007
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I hear Rogue One is coming to Netflix in July? I wouldn't know, I haven't got an account
chelseadagg3r
Rep:
?
(Original post by discobish)
This is amazzzzeeee :ahee: The Box sounds well exciting
Right? Super excited to see that one

(Original post by asif007)
I hear Rogue One is coming to Netflix in July? I wouldn't know, I haven't got an account
Ooh, it might be. I could've just missed it off my list by mistake. I'll look now and get back to you if I find anything
chelseadagg3r
Rep:
?
Ah, it seems it's coming to US Netflix rather than UK
AngryJellyfish
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Eureka 7 :coma:
TSR Mustafa
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
AngryJellyfish

You seen the castlevania trailer ( i think its called that XD)
AngryJellyfish
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by TSR Mustafa)
AngryJellyfish

You seen the castlevania trailer ( i think its called that XD)
No, I've got enough to watch this season already. :p:
asif007
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ah, it seems it's coming to US Netflix rather than UK
Ah that's a shame. Pirate Bay it is!
tulip679
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Not a new series by all means but if anyone's after a good sitcom to watch on Netflix then Peep Show is amazing - very funny with a lot of academic-based humour. I'm sure it's still on Netflix.
quasa
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Right? Super excited to see that one

Ooh, it might be. I could've just missed it off my list by mistake. I'll look now and get back to you if I find anything
It might just be the US netflix as they tend to have different selections to us (for example, we get izombie before they do due to it airing on CW stateside whereas here we dont get it on terrestrial TV)
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I follow newonnetflix on Twitter- there are usually a few things that come out every day! Lots of anime stuff for AngryJellyfish has been put on recently
funny_h0w
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Interesting.. Will have to give some of them a watch.

The Breakfast Club is meant to be a classic.
chelseadagg3r
Rep:
?

August 2017

1st August
Dallas Buyers Club [Film, Biography/Drama]
Spoiler:
Show

In 1985 Dallas, electrician and hustler Ron Woodroof works around the system to help AIDS patients get the medication they need after he is diagnosed with the disease.

The Birdcage [Film, Comedy]
Spoiler:
Show

A gay cabaret owner and his drag queen companion agree to put up a false straight front so that their son can introduce them to his fiancée's right-wing moralistic parents.

4th August
Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later [Netflix Original, TV Series, Comedy]
Spoiler:
Show

See what happens to your favourite campers and counsellors ten years after the original Wet Hot American Summer.

Love & Mercy [Film, Biography/Drama/Music]
Spoiler:
Show

In the 1960s, Beach Boys leader Brian Wilson struggles with emerging psychosis as he attempts to craft his avant-garde pop masterpiece. In the 1980s, he is a broken, confused man under the 24-hour watch of shady therapist Dr. Eugene Landy.

Icarus [Netflix Original, Film, Documentary/Sport/Thriller]
Spoiler:
Show

When Bryan Fogel sets out to uncover the truth about doping in sports, a chance meeting with a Russian scientist transforms his story from a personal experiment into a geopolitical thriller involving dirty urine, unexplained death and Olympic Gold-exposing the biggest scandal in sports history.

6th August
Rick and Morty: Season 3 [TV Series, Animation/Adventure/Comedy]
Spoiler:
Show

An animated series that follows the exploits of a super scientist and his not so bright grandson.

11th August
Atypical: Season 1 [Netflix Original, TV Series, Comedy/Drama]
Spoiler:
Show

Sam, an 18-year-old on the autism spectrum, decides it's time to find a girlfriend, a journey that sets Sam's mom on her own life-changing path as her son seeks more independence.

17th August
The Girl Who Played With Fire [Film, Crime/Drama/Mystery]
Spoiler:
Show

As computer hacker Lisbeth and journalist Mikael investigate a sex-trafficking ring, Lisbeth is accused of three murders, causing her to go on the run while Mikael works to clear her name.

18th August
Marvel's The Defenders: Season 1 [Netflix Original, TV Series, Action/Adventure/Crime]
Spoiler:
Show

Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist team up to fight crime in New York City.

19th August
Triple 9 [Film, Action/Crime/Drama]
Spoiler:
Show

A gang of criminals and corrupt cops plan the murder of a police officer in order to pull off their biggest heist yet across town.

25th August
Death Note [Netflix Original, Film, Action/Adventure/Fantasy]
Spoiler:
Show

Light Turner, a bright student, stumbles across a mystical notebook that has the power to kill any person whose name he writes in it. Light decides to launch a secret crusade to rid the streets of criminals. Soon, the student-turned-vigilante finds himself pursued by a famous detective known only by the alias L.

29th August
Fantastic Four (2015) [Film, Action/Adventure/Sci-Fi]
Spoiler:
Show

Four young outsiders teleport to an alternate and dangerous universe which alters their physical form in shocking ways. The four must learn to harness their new abilities and work together to save Earth from a former friend turned enemy.

30th August
Boyz N The Hood [Film, Crime/Drama]
Spoiler:
Show

Follows the lives of three young males living in the Crenshaw ghetto of Los Angeles, dissecting questions of race, relationships, violence and future prospects.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (58)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (19)
21.84%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.49%

Watched Threads