The Student Room Group

Common things you find weird.

What r some things most people do that you find absolutely weird or baffling?
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
sex baffles me
Reply 3
Flocks of sheep aka sub Vynz males
Social media challenge trends, apparently getting taped up and escaping whilst standing or dropping an inflated condom on your head makes you cool.
Reply 5
When people clap their hands when they're laughing at something. Like the really exaggerated clapping, I don't get it...

Or just clapping in general. It's literally just slapping hands together :colonhash:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6
Twerking and f*ckboy haircuts. I cannot comprehend why or how those ridiculous haircuts got so popular with boys these days, I think they look ridiculous; what's wrong with a short back and sides, why do you need to have a ridiculously big fringe? I also think that twerking is Humanity's animalistic side coming out, a lot of animals like to show off their butts to impress mates.

Not this again! Thought we'd been through this already. You're going to Hull mate, better get used to stupidity.
Original post by study beats
sex baffles me

Which part?

How get someone to agree to have it with you?
Original post by The_Mediocre_One
Which part?

How get someone to agree to have it with you?

what?? lol no...

just the concept of it
Original post by study beats
what?? lol no...

just the concept of it

That moment when your top level banter just flies over the recipients head.
Online dating.

Very creepy. It's so mediated. No eye contact, or vocal tones or body language..

*shivers*
Original post by Ash8991
Twerking and f*ckboy haircuts. I cannot comprehend why or how those ridiculous haircuts got so popular with boys these days, I think they look ridiculous; what's wrong with a short back and sides, why do you need to have a ridiculously big fringe? I also think that twerking is Humanity's animalistic side coming out, a lot of animals like to show off their butts to impress mates.

Yes my man, teenagers at my barbers are always getting their sides buzzed, never seen anyone else apart from adults getting short.

Except the ****boy haircut is around 50% longer on top and looks *****ish.
Eyes.

They freak me out and I don't know why
There is just something about them. I'm okay normally but when people are like "omg look at my eye" and like it's close up it freaks me out.
I had to be forced to go to the eye infirmary myself as I scratched the top layer of my eye off and it was gross and traumatic
I couldn't do the eye dissection in physics as it freaked me out too much
I also do have an issue with eye contact. It's difficult as it makes me uncomfortable
(edited 6 years ago)
I believe shaking hands came from times when we were armed with swords, it would show our hands were not on our weapons. Thus being a sign of peace.

It was later discovered that handshakes are a form of chemosignalling, a means of transferring social chemicals which helped identify the other party.

It is rare for you to get ill from a simple handshake if you exercise basic hygiene.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pugglet
There is just something about them. I'm okay normally but when people are like "omg look at my eye" and like it's close up it freaks me out.
I had to be forced to go to the eye infirmary myself as I scratched the top layer of my eye off and it was gross and traumatic
I couldn't do the eye dissection in physics as it freaked me out too much
I also do have an issue with eye contact. It's difficult as it makes me uncomfortable

That's very unique.
I find it pretty hilarious when some people think that bucking the trend makes them cool.

People that don't listen to mainstream music just because they want to be a hipster Peruvian coffee loving twaaat.

" oh I used to listen to that band before they got big, they're so mainstream now"

lol go suck an acoustic guitar you plonker!

Quick Reply

Latest