The Student Room Group

Urgent crb

I have just been accepted for nursing with conditions of a CRB I am under mental health support and unfortunately was going through a tough time with alcohol etc 2 months ago and wasn't in control I had the police knock on My door to arrange a Voluntary interview next week - as I've " been seen " On CCTV taking a bottle Of tan spray from savers . I am defeststed and the whole action is not a Blur and I'm Seeking help and want to start my Career in September , I am Lost and I don't know what to do as I don't want to get into trouble Over something I did out of character now I'm in recovery and wanting to start my career ? Please get back to me With any advice Thanks in advance x
Original post by Cally12345
I have just been accepted for nursing with conditions of a CRB I am under mental health support and unfortunately was going through a tough time with alcohol etc 2 months ago and wasn't in control I had the police knock on My door to arrange a Voluntary interview next week - as I've " been seen " On CCTV taking a bottle Of tan spray from savers . I am defeststed and the whole action is not a Blur and I'm Seeking help and want to start my Career in September , I am Lost and I don't know what to do as I don't want to get into trouble Over something I did out of character now I'm in recovery and wanting to start my career ? Please get back to me With any advice Thanks in advance x

Tell the universities what you did before the crb check is done
Yes tell them before or they may not let you into the course
Reply 3

Consider taking a year out to focus on your mental health. If you were ill enough to do this, you're unlikely to be well enough to study for the degree by September. Nursing is a very tough course.

Hi

Sorry for not replying sooner, but please follow my advice.

Before you go to the police you must go and see a solicitor and get them to go along to the interview with you. You absolutely need legal advice because depending on the evidence, then they may pr may not have enough to prosecute you.

Secondly you need to take advice about what you should or should not say plus how best to deal with the interview.

If you do not see a solicitor then its likely you will lose any chance of preventing this going further. What I think will happen is that you will go along panic and wnat to get out of the interview as soon as possible so they will offer you the option of accepting a caution and you will take it, but that is an admission of guilt and a criminal record.

That means it will be on your record and you are duty bound to inform the course organisers who are then duty bound to review whether you are fit and proper to be allowed to do the course. It would be best to avoid his if you can, so dont sleepwalk into trouble.

You can then take it from there depending on whether you have a caution or not.

On the basis of your argument to the police that you have ha drink and mental health issues that might help you escape prosecution, but in turn it may call into question your fitness to do the course above and beyond the actual criminal record, so it need to be handled carefully.

The panel basically review the facts of the case plus listen to what you have to say to decide if you are suitable for a nursing course. Theft is a crime of dishonesty so you will have to show that despite doing it you are still suitable and it was a one off. We can go into how you might construct a narrative later, but for now just go and see a lawyer. You can get the meeting with the police rescheduled till after youve seen a lawyer as long as they know.

You can find a criminal lawyer from here
Its in your interests to do so.

http://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/search/results?Pro=False&UmbrellaLegalIssue=LIUCRM&LegalIssue=LICRL&Language=
Reply 5
Original post by 999tigger
Hi

Sorry for not replying sooner, but please follow my advice.

Before you go to the police you must go and see a solicitor and get them to go along to the interview with you. You absolutely need legal advice because depending on the evidence, then they may pr may not have enough to prosecute you.

Secondly you need to take advice about what you should or should not say plus how best to deal with the interview.

If you do not see a solicitor then its likely you will lose any chance of preventing this going further. What I think will happen is that you will go along panic and wnat to get out of the interview as soon as possible so they will offer you the option of accepting a caution and you will take it, but that is an admission of guilt and a criminal record.

That means it will be on your record and you are duty bound to inform the course organisers who are then duty bound to review whether you are fit and proper to be allowed to do the course. It would be best to avoid his if you can, so dont sleepwalk into trouble.

You can then take it from there depending on whether you have a caution or not.

On the basis of your argument to the police that you have ha drink and mental health issues that might help you escape prosecution, but in turn it may call into question your fitness to do the course above and beyond the actual criminal record, so it need to be handled carefully.

The panel basically review the facts of the case plus listen to what you have to say to decide if you are suitable for a nursing course. Theft is a crime of dishonesty so you will have to show that despite doing it you are still suitable and it was a one off. We can go into how you might construct a narrative later, but for now just go and see a lawyer. You can get the meeting with the police rescheduled till after youve seen a lawyer as long as they know.

You can find a criminal lawyer from here
Its in your interests to do so.

http://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/search/results?Pro=False&UmbrellaLegalIssue=LIUCRM&LegalIssue=LICRL&Language=

Thank you so much for your advice, I'm so grateful xx
Thank you so much for your advice, I'm so grateful xx

I can tell you what happens after and would point out the more you rely on mental health issues and personal difficulties, then you are opening yourself to another risk being the RCN will not find you suitable for health reasons.

It may be your lawyer will suggest not taking the caution (which is an admission of guilt) and going to court where they would have to prove you were guilty. If you wish to claim you were depressed and had mental issues then they would need to see some sort of evidence from your therapist or GP you were receiving such treatment. This might lead the magistrates to let you off with an absolute discharge if they were convinced you were suffering mental health issues.

Ar some stage you will need to tell your course organiser. Probably after seeing your solicitor and doing the interview as it could come to nothing. You have to be very careful and ive your lawyer all the details so he can advise you appropriately.

What Juno suggested about deferring for a year, even if you manage to escape a caution, is something you should consider.

Quick Reply

Latest