The Student Room Group

Anxiety, fear of dark!

I don't know what to do, when there's sudden dark, i go all out of breath, literally i suffocate for breath at times.
All the thoughts becomes more vicious, and i don't know what i really feel that time being.
I just can't live with this :/

And it's a serious one.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I don't know what to do, when there's sudden dark, i go all out of breath, literally i suffocate for breath at times.
All the thoughts becomes more vicious, and i don't know what i really feel that time being.

And it's a serious one.

Sounds like you need to go see your GP.
Reply 2
Fear of someone's eyeing me down to take me, fear i really don't know what is the fear is about. But i can't stay in dark for more than a minute.
Even if i am with my family, the fear stays
Reply 3

And it's a serious one.

Sleep with the lights on then and avoid dark places. That's what I do. Pretty simple.
Lol how old are you
Original post by Tubbz
Sounds like you need to go see your GP.

why? because he/she afraid of the dark?

GPS have more important things to deal with.
Make sure to check you've ticked 'Make post anonymously' next time! :h:
Reply 7
Original post by ChrisMurphy99

Any fear triggering the level of anxiety described requires intervention.

Many people have irrational fears, from spiders, to heights, to enclosed spaces.

If it stops you functioning, it needs addressing. Don't be so bloody ignorant and assume anxiety/phobias are the same as not liking the dark.
Reply 8
Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
Make sure to check you've ticked 'Make post anonymously' next time! :h:

Sure, thanks for that
Reply 9
Original post by Tubbz
Any fear triggering the level of anxiety described requires intervention.

Many people have irrational fears, from spiders, to heights, to enclosed spaces.

If it stops you functioning, it needs addressing. Don't be so bloody ignorant and assume anxiety/phobias are the same as not liking the dark.

Its something mighty i must say,
And it is so frustrating. I am trying hard to do something by my own, but failing. I might start spending time in dark, maybe, to overcome it now.
Sure, thanks for that

No problem.
Lol how old are you

i have to figure it out by myself i guess, by trying to overcome it, but its so strong!
Reply 13
Its something mighty i must say,
And it is so frustrating. I am trying hard to do something by my own, but failing. I might start spending time in dark, maybe, to overcome it now.

That's why I'm suggesting your GP, they can recommend therapists etc. it may be you have something deeper lying that needs addressing, than just forcing yourself to be comfortable in the dark.
Original post by Tubbz
That's why I'm suggesting your GP, they can recommend therapists etc. it may be you have something deeper lying that needs addressing, than just forcing yourself to be comfortable in the dark.

I really appreciate your comment and concern.
Thanks for this. :smile:
Yes, i am making up my mind for that now.
I'll do this.
i recommend giving this a listen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEja72NSg5Q
Thank you.
I am glad that you showed your interest and understood that politely.
Respect that :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest