codelyoko373
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I want to point out that I have started my student finance application and it's got to the point where it says my payment is scheduled:

However I've only just noticed while comparing my application to my friends ones at College, I'm not finished and I'm really quite paranoid I haven't got enough time.

Basically when applying for student finance, I put down that I was Dyslexic cause I am though sadly the prove that I needed to send in saying I'm Dyslexic is out of date considering I was tested in Primary School. The last thing I have on my to do list for my application is to send in prove of my Dyslexia:

But of course I can't as my prove is out of date, I was told I could just leave it and everything would be fine but it seems I'm unable to view my payments because I haven't finished everything on my to do list meaning my application isn't complete it seems.

I did call into student finance today to request that any mention of my Dyslexia be removed off of my application so this last task on my to do list would be removed as well and my application would process. They simply told me to email "[email protected]" and request that the request for Disabled Students Allowance be removed off of my application.

I have done this but apparently I have to wait about 5 business days before I get a reply and I'm just kinda worried how long it's going to take once they remove the disabled student allowance request and the task off of my to do list. Will my application be proceeded instantly once I've done everything on my to do list considering it says my payments are scheduled?
Laura S SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi codelyoko373,

Firstly I just want to put your mind at ease to say that your student finance application is processed separately to your application for Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA), they are separate applications. If your student finance application is approved then outstanding evidence for your DSA application on your To Do List would not change that. It seems more to be affecting your ability to view your payments online.

If your student finance application shows as payments scheduled then it should be approved. To check this you can go into the letters and emails section of your online account and you would be looking for - online notification of entitlement letter in the description.

If you have contacted the DSA team to let them know you no longer want to apply for DSA then they will cancel your DSA application. The current timescales I have for them responding to emails are two working days. This would mean you would no longer see any request for evidence on your To Do List which should help you to then view your payment schedule.

Can I just check the email that you sent to them was [email protected]? The one you noted was incorrect.

Thanks
codelyoko373
Rep:
?
(Original post by Laura S SFE)
Hi codelyoko373,

Firstly I just want to put your mind at ease to say that your student finance application is processed separately to your application for Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA), they are separate applications. If your student finance application is approved then outstanding evidence for your DSA application on your To Do List would not change that. It seems more to be affecting your ability to view your payments online.

If your student finance application shows as payments scheduled then it should be approved. To check this you can go into the letters and emails section of your online account and you would be looking for - online notification of entitlement letter in the description.

If you have contacted the DSA team to let them know you no longer want to apply for DSA then they will cancel your DSA application. The current timescales I have for them responding to emails are two working days. This would mean you would no longer see any request for evidence on your To Do List which should help you to then view your payment schedule.

Can I just check the email that you sent to them was [email protected]? The one you noted was incorrect.

Thanks
So even though I've still got that disabled students allowance task on my to do list, my application is still being proceeded and I shall get the payments before I start Uni?

Also when I called up, they said I should email this exact email address: "[email protected]", I'm guessing this is wrong?. I did email "[email protected]" the exact same email though it seems they just simply told me off for sending the same email twice...

Though today I did actually get an email saying my email to"[email protected]" didn't send as the email was wrong.
Laura S SFE
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi codelyoko373,

Yes even if you still have the DSA task on your to do list that wouldn't affect the processing timescales and payments on your student finance application. If your application is approved prior to the start of your course then as long as we have your National Insurance Number validated (we check this automatically) and as long as the University has sent us confirmation of registration (COR) for us to pay you your Maintenance Loan and confirmation of attendance (COA) for us to pay them the Tuition Fee Loan, then your payments would go through in line with the proposed payment dates.

You generally find that the very first Maintenance payments can be around a week after your course starts as the University won't send the COR to us until you've actually started on the course after you've enrolled/registered in person with them.

As for the email address, I'm not sure what happened there but I can confirm the correct email is definitely the one I previously advised [email protected].

Thanks
codelyoko373
Rep:
?
(Original post by Laura S SFE)
Hi codelyoko373,

Yes even if you still have the DSA task on your to do list that wouldn't affect the processing timescales and payments on your student finance application. If your application is approved prior to the start of your course then as long as we have your National Insurance Number validated (we check this automatically) and as long as the University has sent us confirmation of registration (COR) for us to pay you your Maintenance Loan and confirmation of attendance (COA) for us to pay them the Tuition Fee Loan, then your payments would go through in line with the proposed payment dates.

You generally find that the very first Maintenance payments can be around a week after your course starts as the University won't send the COR to us until you've actually started on the course after you've enrolled/registered in person with them.

As for the email address, I'm not sure what happened there but I can confirm the correct email is definitely the one I previously advised [email protected].

Thanks
It's all been sorted now and they've removed the request for a disabled student allowance from my application .

One other question I have though is about this:

Does registering refer to applying for the course or do I register when I actually go to University in September?
Catherine SFE
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by codelyoko373)
It's all been sorted now and they've removed the request for a disabled student allowance from my application .

One other question I have though is about this:

Does registering refer to applying for the course or do I register when I actually go to University in September?
codelyoko373,

You will register when you go to the University, this will allow the University to confirm to us that you are attending the course, and this will allow payments to be released.

Thanks Catherine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
17.87%
It's just nice to be back! (166)
27.21%
Not great so far... (218)
35.74%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.18%

Watched Threads