Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi guys,
    I really dont know what to do now.My first choice is UCL ( economics),they required me AAA (A in Econ), my school told me last week I got AAAB, B in Economics,I called UCL,they said they only accept people exactly meet the offer,so I got acceptd by LSE( BSc Management) which is my second choice.
    I got my result slips today. My Economics is 471/600 over all, and 36/90 in Unit 5.i dont think I did that bad in unit 5 so I'd like to have it remarked. I prefer economics than management,but I prefer LSE than UCl, What shall I do?Will I be able to change to another course afer I got in LSE ?Please give me some advice.
    Should I ?
    A.Leave it, go to LSE.
    B.Call Ucl, tell them to hold the place for me till I got my paper remarked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n_______n)
    hi guys,
    I really dont know what to do now.My first choice is UCL ( economics),they required me AAA (A in Econ), my school told me last week I got AAAB, B in Economics,I called UCL,they said they only accept people exactly meet the offer,so I got acceptd by LSE( BSc Management) which is my second choice.
    I got my result slips today. My Economics is 471/600 over all, and 36/90 in Unit 5.i dont think I did that bad in unit 5 so I'd like to have it remarked. I prefer economics than management,but I prefer LSE than UCl, What shall I do?Will I be able to change to another course afer I got in LSE ?Please give me some advice.
    Should I ?
    A.Leave it, go to LSE.
    stay at LSE ofcourse its much better than UCL in terms of course teaching quality, research quality and employability (for economics/management that is)

ReputationRep:
    I say LSE. You can't be sure that your mark will go up if you get it remarked anyway

ReputationRep:
    I should imagine it is also possible for you to take a lot of economics modules as outside options etc. or actually transfer course, ring them and have a chat.

(Original post by IntegralNeo)
    stay at LSE ofcourse its much better than UCL in terms of course teaching quality, research quality and employability (for economics/management that is)
    You talking about the LSE I know?!? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    If you want to do economics then you should try for a remark. Management is not the same as economics and you won't be elegible for jobs that require economics degrees.

ReputationRep:
    Unless you REALLY,desperately want to do economics go to LSE. If anything its got a greater reputation - national and international - than UCL.

ReputationRep:
    See if you can change to Economics at LSE. It's a great institution.

ReputationRep:
    its very unlikely ull be able to transfer from management to economics especially as economics is likely to be full already and plus the B in economics A level they may not allow u to transfer even if they did have places, (i know economics isnt required to get on the course). and also apparently they're anti course swapping. so like ppl have already said, unless u really want to do economics and go into research or something like that id stick with the LSE (and plus, its better ). ill be going their to do accounting and finance, mite see you there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotus_lee)
    See if you can change to Economics at LSE. It's a great institution.
    That is not going to happen. L101 at the LSE is the most competitive course to get into at the institution...you think they're going to let someone switch onto it?

If you don't want to study management for three years (let's forget it's at the LSE temporarily) then phone UCL and get a remark in the time being.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n_______n)
    hi guys,
    Should I ?
    A.Leave it, go to LSE.

you so remind me of my friend who is in exacytly the same situation as you. same course and same universities. i think its worth having your paper renmarked, but bear in mind there is something like a 2 week deadline for you to hand in your slip to say that u want to study in LSE, so don't miss it. by the way how many marks were u off your A grade in econ?

ReputationRep:
    Well u can always focus on the micro aspects of economics rather than Macro and Econometics (i.e. Doing Management at LSE )

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.