The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 940
@Dee_Marie here's some words from the horses mouth in my situation:

Thank you for your email. It is our understanding that Access to HE results are not automatically provided to us directly by the examination board either directly or via the UCAS Awarding Body Linkage. Therefore, it will be necessary for you to provide verification of your Access to HE qualification once it has been awarded and certificates are available, which should be as soon as possible but no later than 31 August 2018.

We do not recommend that you send your original certificates to us by post, so there are two acceptable ways to provide verification, and I will list these in ascending order of preference:

1) You could make an appointment to bring your original certificates to the Undergraduate Admissions Office, where we will check them and take copies while you wait. This is only advisable if you are in London during the working week and can drop in to our office at your convenience between 09:30 and 16:30.

2) Preferably, you should obtain certified verification of your original certificates and send this to us by post. You can find guidance on Page 12 of your Offer Guide, but for the avoidance of doubt, “certified verification” means that an official from your current educational institution takes copies of your original certificates, stamps each copied page with the institution’s stamp, and then handwrites their signature, full name, and job title onto each copied page. This means that 4 things should be marked on each copied page, and these should then be sent by post to LSE, Undergraduate Admissions, Houghton Street, London WC2A 2AE.
I hope that this information is useful to you, and if you have any further queries please feel free to contact me.

I've agreed to send my certificates by special delivery post and then i'll collect when I start Uni :smile:
The universities have been a real pain in the **** about this. They want the actual certificate which I won’t get till August therefore going in with the rest of the A level batch which is what I was hoping to avoid so my accommodation could be sorted sooner.

I was even chosen for moderation and had everything confirmed. So annoyed...
Original post by DCDCo
@Dee_Marie here's some words from the horses mouth in my situation:

Thank you for your email. It is our understanding that Access to HE results are not automatically provided to us directly by the examination board either directly or via the UCAS Awarding Body Linkage. Therefore, it will be necessary for you to provide verification of your Access to HE qualification once it has been awarded and certificates are available, which should be as soon as possible but no later than 31 August 2018.

We do not recommend that you send your original certificates to us by post, so there are two acceptable ways to provide verification, and I will list these in ascending order of preference:

1) You could make an appointment to bring your original certificates to the Undergraduate Admissions Office, where we will check them and take copies while you wait. This is only advisable if you are in London during the working week and can drop in to our office at your convenience between 09:30 and 16:30.

2) Preferably, you should obtain certified verification of your original certificates and send this to us by post. You can find guidance on Page 12 of your Offer Guide, but for the avoidance of doubt, “certified verification” means that an official from your current educational institution takes copies of your original certificates, stamps each copied page with the institution’s stamp, and then handwrites their signature, full name, and job title onto each copied page. This means that 4 things should be marked on each copied page, and these should then be sent by post to LSE, Undergraduate Admissions, Houghton Street, London WC2A 2AE.
I hope that this information is useful to you, and if you have any further queries please feel free to contact me.

I've agreed to send my certificates by special delivery post and then i'll collect when I start Uni :smile:

I emailed the head of access in my college and got this reply:

"Hi Andrew,
It is the exam board who publish the results. This is usually in the middle of August and this should update UCAS to confirm offers. if not, you will have a copy of your transcript and certificate in August, so you will be able to confirm your place directly with them."

Who is your guys exam board?
Reply 943
This was also sent out by my Access to HE Provider..

Please find below some important dates and information regarding the moderation and certification process.

w/c 2nd July - Moderation of grades will take place and this will last approximately 2 weeks.
13th July Grades will be finalised by the awards board.
30th July Your results will be uploaded to UCAS by the awarding body, your university will then be able to login and view these results.

Certificates will arrive at the DLC office within 4 weeks of the final awards board.
Certificates and transcripts will then be checked and an email will be sent to you as your certificate is posted out.
Original post by DCDCo
This was also sent out by my Access to HE Provider..

Please find below some important dates and information regarding the moderation and certification process.

w/c 2nd July - Moderation of grades will take place and this will last approximately 2 weeks.
13th July Grades will be finalised by the awards board.
30th July Your results will be uploaded to UCAS by the awarding body, your university will then be able to login and view these results.

Certificates will arrive at the DLC office within 4 weeks of the final awards board.
Certificates and transcripts will then be checked and an email will be sent to you as your certificate is posted out.

Who is your exam board?

You guys have worried me now. I saw a thread from a year ago where a lot of students had to chase Ascentis up for being late passing Access grades onto UCAS. I hope they will be more organised this year!
Reply 945
Original post by AndrewMarkSP
Who is your exam board?

You guys have worried me now. I saw a thread from a year ago where a lot of students had to chase Ascentis up for being late passing Access grades onto UCAS. I hope they will be more organised this year!

Its also Ascentis. *gulp*

I find it a little odd that the Uni/Access to HE provider aren't on the same wavelength with regards to what is going on, however, once I have received confirmation the results are on UCAS I'm going to ask LSE to log in and see if they can confirm them.
Original post by DCDCo
Its also Ascentis. *gulp*

I find it a little odd that the Uni/Access to HE provider aren't on the same wavelength with regards to what is going on, however, once I have received confirmation the results are on UCAS I'm going to ask LSE to log in and see if they can confirm them.

If mine aren't posted by mid August, I'll be knocking on doors. I know where the Ascentis HQ is. I've seen it when visiting family in Lancaster. 😂
If mine aren't posted by mid August, I'll be knocking on doors. I know where the Ascentis HQ is. I've seen it when visiting family in Lancaster. 😂

As soon as its on UCAS which if its the one that guy linked should be end of July, Mines 27th July the exam board upload it to UCAS. Chase them up and don't let them fob you off. Its really weird that the exam board takes so long to upload them considering my results were confirmed a while back...
Original post by DCDCo
Something I wanted to do for sure, i'm willing to contribute to a big group post though that could be stickied!

"Advice from students who got 45/45 on their Access Course" :biggrin:

Wish I could have contributed. :frown: Got Ds in everything, bar the last two modules. However, they can be explained away. But, if anyone needs help with Sociology or Literature. Hit me up. :smile:
Original post by Dominicque2
Wish I could have contributed. :frown: Got Ds in everything, bar the last two modules. However, they can be explained away. But, if anyone needs help with Sociology or Literature. Hit me up. :smile:

Has everything been moderated Dominicque? I did read in a thread from a year ago that one student ended up with a higher mark when the examining board uploaded the results than what they'd been given by their tutor after it was marked up by a moderator.

Even if not, it's still a superb result and you should be proud of what you achieved. :-)
For what it's worth, I had no issue with my Access Certificates last year (other than a typo in my name, which was swiftly rectified with new certificates).

My place got confirmed around the 21st of August, which is when Bristol University got my grades. They did ask for a copy of my Access to HE Award certificate too which I sent via email. Ascentis too.

Don't worry if you are late confirming, the uni will understand and it's not too big an issue. :smile:.
Has everything been moderated Dominicque? I did read in a thread from a year ago that one student ended up with a higher mark when the examining board uploaded the results than what they'd been given by their tutor after it was marked up by a moderator.

Even if not, it's still a superb result and you should be proud of what you achieved. :-)

The Literature one that we were messed about with was moderated at a Merit, Psychology I'm still waiting for, but I doubt it will change. :smile: The only thing that was really concerning me was Lit, because I want to study an English subject. Hopefully, the grade in my research project will secure me.

I just gotta think at least I've got out over 30. :biggrin: (There goes my bartering chip for Cambridge. :tongue:)

Anyone getting/got excited over possible modules. For me it's Sheffield's "Practical Stylistics", "Conlangs" and "Philosophy of Sex".
Hey! how did you all do in your courses? We had a MASSIVE drop out rate in ours and only 6 of us completed.

Still waiting for my final certificates so I can confirm my offer... (have been told we have to wait for moderation and I'm being rather impatient lol)

I did Access to HE Humanities and will be going to UCL to study the BASc Arts and Sciences x
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by amber2508
Hey! how did you all do in your courses? We had a MASSIVE drop out rate in ours and only 6 of us completed.

Still waiting for my final certificates so I can confirm my offer... (have been told we have to wait for moderation and I'm being rather impatient lol)

I did Access to HE Humanities and will be going to UCL to study the BASc Arts and Sciences x

Hi, I studied access to healthcare pathway which was double Biology and phsycology . I am studying a Biology degree at Sheffield Hallam :smile: we don’t get certificates until presentation evening on like 10th September !!! But I’m guessing the results get sent to ucas. We’ve had a report from Aim with all my grades on I got 30 Distinctions and 15 merit. I needed 15 Distinctions for my degree so I got more than enough :smile: I re sat my maths GCSE so I am still waiting for that result in August. But I took an extra back up with I got grade 5 on I got that result today.
Original post by Dominicque2
As far, as I'm aware Liberal Arts and Natural Sciences is the only course that requires an admissions essay.
(Makes you doubt yourself, man. :s-smilie:)

Oh hey! I did this essay but chose the last question, I spoke about the impact of social media on the modern world but I was so worried that it wasn't what they wanted. They gave me an offer of 45D standard or 30D/15M A2B offer if I accepted them as my firm and did a pre-uni module.

It is an amazing course, but the UCL BASc was just a tad more interesting to me.

Are you still going to do a Liberal Arts course?
Original post by Ridinghigh95
Hi, I studied access to healthcare pathway which was double Biology and phsycology . I am studying a Biology degree at Sheffield Hallam :smile: we don’t get certificates until presentation evening on like 10th September !!! But I’m guessing the results get sent to ucas. We’ve had a report from Aim with all my grades on I got 30 Distinctions and 15 merit. I needed 15 Distinctions for my degree so I got more than enough :smile: I re sat my maths GCSE so I am still waiting for that result in August. But I took an extra back up with I got grade 5 on I got that result today.

Congratulations @Ridinghigh95! That's strange, we had our presentation evening two weeks ago but only with completion certificates. I guess they will present you with your actual certificates in September?

I wish we got a report with our grades, even though I did record what I got throughout the year it is always nice to get something official (plus I want to confirm my accommodation before all of the A-level students).
Congratulations @Ridinghigh95! That's strange, we had our presentation evening two weeks ago but only with completion certificates. I guess they will present you with your actual certificates in September?

I wish we got a report with our grades, even though I did record what I got throughout the year it is always nice to get something official (plus I want to confirm my accommodation before all of the A-level students).

Yes very strange but guess they all have their own ways of doing things!! Well I counted up I had 24 distinctions but I got 30 so was a nice surprise!!! :smile: and thank you xx

Our presentation was the same. They made out like we would get our official results, but I don't think they even know until they receive transcripts from the exam board on 1st August.
Reply 958

Congrats! I have insurance'd UCL for my course. It looked like an absolutely wonderful Uni!
Oh hey! I did this essay but chose the last question, I spoke about the impact of social media on the modern world but I was so worried that it wasn't what they wanted. They gave me an offer of 45D standard or 30D/15M A2B offer if I accepted them as my firm and did a pre-uni module.

It is an amazing course, but the UCL BASc was just a tad more interesting to me.

Are you still going to do a Liberal Arts course?

Didn't get in with my essay. I /really/ wanted to apply to BASc, but I was told I'd need an A-Level in science along side my humanities, because you needed to have previously studied science to study a minor in Health and Environment. The admission had changed since the early years and it really upset me. Did you do any lvl3 science?
(edited 5 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending