The Student Room Group

Study abroad year at university?

Would studying abroad for a year be beneficial if you would like to move to the country you are studying at in the future?
Yes! You could learn more about the culture and the people that live there and decide if it's really what you want to do/where you want to move to. You may also pick up some of the language whilst you're there which will be handy for the future!
Reply 2
Original post by imundercover
Yes! You could learn more about the culture and the people that live there and decide if it's really what you want to do/where you want to move to. You may also pick up some of the language whilst you're there which will be handy for the future!

Thanks for your response! I was wondering though, would the year abroad help with the immigration process when applying to move to the other country? Like, for example, if I wanted to move to Australia, would studying abroad give me extra points in the points system that they have? I know there is also a Year in industry that I could do as well, but I was wondering if the study abroad was equally as good in that sense. Thanks again for your help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending