Liberals Watch

AnxiousAtypical
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Why do so many liberals always think they're right every time they don't agree with the opposite side? Why do they always play the race card or Islamophobe card when things don't go their way? They claim to believe democracy yet they only believe in it when they win?
shadowdweller
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I suspect this is more of a "people" thing than a liberal thing; people are generally loathe to admit when they're wrong, regardless of their political stance.

It's also subjective, of course - you thinking they're wrong doesn't necessarilymean they actually are.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by shadowdweller)
I suspect this is more of a "people" thing than a liberal thing; people are generally loathe to admit when they're wrong, regardless of their political stance.

It's also subjective, of course - you thinking they're wrong doesn't necessarilymean they actually are.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yup, very much this. Poor logic is definitely not isolated to one political school of thought, you get utter morons on both sides of the fence. But that's the nature of the Internet for you, an equal soapbox platform for everyone, no matter how much paint thinner they drink.
Jordan58
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Mainly because they're cucks that are too scared to be outcasted their own liberal friends, due to them agreeing with the "racist", "sexist"...etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
username521617
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You're talking about so-called progressives, not liberals.

I'm a liberal in that I value individuality, democracy and personal freedom. Classic, English-style liberalism. I'm not a smug, leftist douchebag.
_gcx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I hasten to call such individuals liberals, as per Dandaman above. Often, they hold rather illiberal social views (so-called positive discrimination would be one common example), and sometimes have the audacity to disregard individuals who are truly socially liberal as conservative. Though, as others have pointed out, it's rather a maturity problem, that one may grow out of, than something that correlates with their political ideology.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (129)
19.55%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (63)
9.55%
No I am happy with my course choice (374)
56.67%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (94)
14.24%

Watched Threads